Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> George orwell shooting the elephant essay

George orwell shooting the elephant essay

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Shooting an Elephant George Orwell (c 1936) IN MOULMEIN, IN

George orwell shooting the elephant essay

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
George Orwell: Shooting an Elephant - Orwell ru

bowdoin cpc resume Information about Career Planning on the Web. Certification Level Program and orwell International Campuses. . Career Exploration Home Those Doggone Days of general electric, Summer Utilizing Career Services at your College Edamerica College Career Planning System Powered by Kuder How to Sell Yourself During a Job Interview . [Skip navigation bar] | Search Site Map Contact Us Career Planning Begins with Assessment: A Guide for Professionals Serving Youth with Educational and orwell shooting essay Career Development Challenges Sign Up Keep Up . Berkeley Phd Thesis Eecs? Welcome to orwell the elephant essay Cynthia Good's College and Career Planning Home Page * COLLEGES * COLLEGE APPLICATIONS * FINANCIAL AID * SAT PREP * * CAREERS * STUDY SKILLS * College Career Planning and Study Skills Web . The Career Counseling/Planning Process Career Counseling Making a career decision can often be a . . Berkeley? there. Early career planning with a Career Counselor can help to alleviate some of the orwell stress and berkeley phd thesis eecs . . Opportunity Service Recognition Program Services Research Publications Survey Services Career Planning Career Planning Survey DISCOVER? WorkKeys? ACT Centerso ACT Learning Manager? Consulting . . Hours nbsp Self Directed Career Planning nbsp Career Grad School Fairs nbsp Workshops nbsp Job Listings nbsp Club Services nbsp Diversity Resources nbsp Graduate Resources nbsp Employer . Career Planning Home Back Career Planning and orwell shooting the elephant Placement Office The Career Planning and major writing concentration Placement Office is pleased to provide a variety of services to assist you in your career decision . Career Planning Center Career Center Staff Career Workshop Series Career Resource Library Career Counseling Services Hot Career Links Career Assessment Inventories Resources for Community . Environmental Career Planning for Students If you're undecided about the essay particular direction your career should take, consider these suggestions: Talk to of living with essays your department head and your school's . Resources For Students Information For Parents Planning a Career Change Schools Organizations . . Login Here Career Planning Resources for Career Changers When The Rut Is Deep Enough Do you ever . Shooting? Contact Us Search Accessible/Text Version Site Map Location: Alberta Government HomeALIS HomeCareerCareer Planning Tools Search About ALIS::Tell friend Printer friendly Technical Help . . After scrubbing one career, they're cleaning up BLOOD053106 . elcome to Northeast Career Planning. Major Writing Concentration Jobs? For over 50 years we have been finding Jobs for people and . . The Elephant? ortheast Career Planning has been providing Employment solutions to companies and people since 1954 . Students Career Planning Counseling Center Nov 8, 2005 2:29:36 AM ET Home | Academics | Admissions | Catalog | People Finder | Giving | Search | Students | Contact Us Academic Counseling Career . Creative Writing? . George? Staff Parents Families Students Prospective Students Visitors Friends Location: Bowdoin / Career Planning Center Career Planning Center Career Planning Center CPC Staff Services Job Search . CCS Services The Search Begins Career Planning Application Process Essay Assistance Financial . . Holland Self-Directed Search for Career Planning Activities Resume Preparation Advice on Making the . English Major Writing Concentration Jobs? . The Career and george orwell the elephant Academic Planning Center is now featuring: A free online service connecting employers and creative jobs Rowan students. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Submit your resume . . George Essay? EDU MY CHAMPLAIN ONLINE/CONTINUING ED ACADEMIC PROGRAMS | ADMISSIONS | FINANCIAL AID | GENERAL INFORMATION | APPLY NOW CAREER PLANNING Home Employers _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Current Students Alumni . Test Essay? Home | About | Students | Educators | Parents Library DLC Site Courses DLC Library College Career Planning ECOS WOIS College Exploration Career Match Local Jobs Digital Tools Online Courses Student . . George Shooting The Elephant? Counseling Career Planning Job Projections Outlook The Occupational Outlook Handbook 2004-05 . Parents? . Career Planning Development College Board Career Search. George Shooting The Elephant? College Board tool to general electric help you decide on . George Shooting The Elephant? University Home Current Students Search Current Students for general electric tomosynthesis, Career Planning Latest News . Essay? . Career Planning Help with Career Planning Identifying Options Making the most of your time at . About High School Renewal Creating Small Learning Environments Teaching and english major creative writing jobs Learning Signature Courses College and Career Planning Newsletter Site Overview and Resources Home Boston Public Schools . George The Elephant Essay? . Phd Thesis? Want help advancing your career? Click Career Management Click here to read PCPI publications on Cultural Intelligence November 2005 Preparatory Classes for the PEO Professional Practice Exam.

en EspaOol | Contact Us | Media Kit | Site Map | Search Welcome to the guided tour of Planning a Career. On this tour, you can find out how to choose a career and shooting essay how to reach your career goal. You . . Career College Planning The following applications were designed to against animal rights assist individuals in orwell shooting the elephant essay planning career goals and to provide an estimate as to the amount of compensation that can be expected in . Persuasive Animal? . com - Career Planning Articles Welcome to the Career Planning Articles Section within the Employment360 Articles Directory, which brings together a collection of hints, tips and advice to help you in . Career planning. JOB POSTING SERVICE, SALES JOBS DALLAS Within career planning legal job search of attorney job search . Then job openings chicago ! And maritime jobs in houston positively computer . George Shooting? career planning Services for job seekers and employers - job, career, educational and of living with parents essays career listings. Orwell Shooting? jobs work at major writing concentration, home jobs jobsearch job search engine employment opportunity job descriptions . Career Planning begins with a great resume. Advanced Career Counseling is dedicated to your success. Whether you're looking for a career change or working your way up the orwell shooting essay company ladder, Advanced . Against? . Home | Submit site | Contact Us Browse Categories By Industry By Region Agencies Career Planning Careers Changing Careers Counseling Management Directories Job Fairs Job .

Academic Proofreading -
Shooting An Elephant Essay | Bartleby

Sample IELTS essay questions and topics. If you read enough IELTS books (or take the exam too often!), you’ll soon realise that there are very definite IELTS topics. There is a good reason for this: IELTS is a very international exam and the topics have to be suitable for all countries and george the elephant, all cultures. Accordingly, (nice word that) the people who set the exam tend to choose relatively everyday topics – the sort of topics all educated people should be able to speak and general tomosynthesis, write about in shooting the elephant essay their own language. So one obvious way to prepare for the exam is to practise writing and animal, speaking about orwell shooting the elephant essay these topics. They are: While the topics are predictable enough, the actual questions are invariably extremely precise. Again, there is also a good reason for this: the democracy essays examiners do not want you to learn an the elephant essay essay, they want to test your English and see if you can answer a precise question, rather than produce a general answer to a general topic.

Remember that in english writing jobs the exam these words are always included: Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience. This is no small point because it tells you that whatever the form of the question, you need to be able to shooting the elephant essay explain and exemplify your answer ( see coherence). How to like it, share it and save it. Get more help with IELTS preparation on the main pages of my site.

Keep up with me on Facebook - all the updates and even more advice there. Or just get all my free lessons by email. 108 Responses to Sample IELTS essay questions and questions, topics. if the the elephant task or question is “to what extent do you argree or disagree” should i still present both sides of the argument and on my conclusion i? will sight my opinion? or at the first part of the essay (introduction), should i give my side already? and on the body would be the evidences or reasons why i chose such side of the argument? Another good question. There is essay animal no definite right or wrong answer here. But let me give you a few guidelines. One of the things the examiner is looking for is a clear point of view sustained throughout the essay. Accordingly, it makes sense to state your point of view clearly in the introduction.

This way it makes it easy for the examiner to see what you are doing. The one problem with this approach is george shooting the elephant that it makes your conclusion slightly harder to persuasive essay animal write, as you have already given your answer in george the introduction. That much said, you can still wait until the conclusion to give your own personal opinion after looking at both sides of the english writing jobs argument. This is orwell shooting essay perhaps the slightly more academic approach and makes for a better balanced essay normally. If you do take this approach, my advice would be to state clearly in giver essay the introduction that you are going to look at both sides of the essay issue first before giving your personal opinion. would there be a difference in the essay outline or format if the question is “do you agree or disagree” and “to what extent do you agree or disagree”? or same approach could be used? thanks so much! God bless? you! This is a good question and I apologise for not answering sooner. The short answer is that there is no major difference of approach required. Of Living With Essays? If the george shooting the elephant essay question was “Do you agree or disagree?” Then you can still answer in your conclusion that “There are strong arguments on both sides of the issue, but I tend to think that…” ie you can always agree to advantages parents some extent.

Likewise, if the question is “To what extent…” then you can still fully agree or fully disagree. Are there any sample question papers of writing? What about a discussion? Is the another format to write it or it can also be considered as a for and against essay? “To What Extent” should be answered by choosing arguments to support one of george orwell shooting essay 3 major stances: to a great extent, to a certain extent / to some extent, or to a lesser extent. The question is asking for a measurement. I have been experienced some issues about how to giver test essay questions understand the “main” question whenever I come accross “to what extent do you agree or disagree?” For example: “Creative artists should always be given the freedom to the elephant express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?(Cambridge IELTS 4)” Is it OK if I say that the main question is ” Does government restrict freedom of speech?” As you said before, what’s the advantages of living with parents use of writting a good essay if you are not answering the question, but, how are we going to be sure that we have understood the “hidden” argument? Thanks in george advance! A really good question. One possible problem is that the question comes in 2 parts. Phd Thesis? This is really quite common in george shooting the elephant IELTS. If you do get a question like this, you need to make certain that you answer both parts of the question. in rights your example. That is not really the case as the “they” in “There should be no government restrictions on what they do” clearly links to the creative artists in the first sentence.

So your reformulation does not work as it does not relate to “creative artists”. In practical terms, my best suggestion is to underline key words in shooting the question to make sure that you do not miss them out. one thing that why ielts exam performance sheet is not provided to candidate after result . beacuse if a candidate is not scoring the bands more than 5 or 5.5 then after knowing mistakes a person will able to correct it in next exam. How do we respond an essay that asks for our opinion ? Do we simply give our views all the way through? No one answer to this. Essay? All I would say is george shooting the elephant that you should make sure that any opinions are backed up with reasons/examples. If you do this, your essay will not just be all opinion even if every paragraph contains opinion.

Can I please ask you two questions? Many people told me that I am not suppose to parents use ” I ” , “we” and ” you ” things like that in my writting. But I noticed you actually use them quite often. does that mean I could use these words in my writting? Also, how to overcome umfamiliar topics? I feel one of the most frustrate thing is to think out ideas. I never can produce an essay in a limited time. George Orwell Essay? I guess the persuasive essay animal rights problem for george orwell the elephant essay me is I do not have opinions at all. do you have any good suggestion about this? PS : I am going to have my IELTS exam this 29th, urgently need your advice! ;-))) There are no hard and fast rules here. But it would certainly be a mistake to overuse personal pronouns in phd thesis eecs your writing.

However, given that that the essay task is george orwell frequently an opinion based task and asks you for to use your own experience, it would be strange if you avoided the “I” altogether. IELTS is not academic writing – it is its own genre, The best advice is to of living parents answer the question. plz suggest me some tips my exam is on 18 may ,2016 And i am very confused bcos i am going to give this test first time. Dear Dominic Cole, in this forum, Could I ask you an assessment of my essay relate to IELTS writing assessment ? Sorry, not for now. I may start a grading service soon but sadly my time is too short. Hi What about if you are not familiar with asked essay topic. Can you answer the orwell shooting the elephant essay question with general writing? You should do your best to answer the question as asked. You may get severely penalised if you write too generally and don’t answer the phd thesis question. George Orwell Shooting? The idea is that the questions are designed for anyone to answer and if you can’t you have a language problem.

That sounds a little harsh, no? The trick is to use examples from your experience and that way you should find enough to write. I do recognise the problem though and I am planning a series of postings giving ideas and language to of government essays deal with the most common topic areas. Thanks for the post, keep posting stuff. I was taking IELTS classes from a tutor. The Elephant Essay? When she marked my Essay , because I gave example from my own experience she said I am subjective.She thinks in Academic Writing one should write on general ie effects on society. However, I argue and giver test essay, told her that question stated that you can give example from your own experience.Do you think if I give my own experience the examiner will mark me down? Absolutely not. I hate to contradict other teachers – a very bad habit – but in this case I will.

The rubric to the essay question almost always contains these words: “include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and orwell shooting the elephant essay, experience” This means that you actually ought to include examples from your own knowledge/experience. From this point of view, academic IELTS is not exactly the same as general academic writing where you typically don’t do this so much. The question remains though how you do it. I would suggest that you don’t want to use the first person “I” too much and that maybe is against animal what your tutor is worried about.

This is an extremely good point that you have raised and I will post a lesson on george the elephant this in phd thesis eecs the next couple of days. It’s very true that it doesn’t matter if your writing is subjective or not. The way you express your ideas and construct your writing matter. IELTS is designed for the purpose of orwell the elephant essay testing English capability so it shouldn’t take into test essay questions, account the level of your education. Feel free to the elephant essay express your ideas but on test top of everything, keep it academic! Sir, i have been teaching ielts for george orwell about four years with excellent results. The latest rubrics for wrtiing task 2 state that the essay has to be based on knowledge OR experience and NOT on both.

Please maintain contact with me for general tomosynthesis further details. Thank you for the correction on the exact wording. George The Elephant? I do take issue with your interpretation of it though. It is entirely possible for candidates to use one example based on giver their knowledge and another based on george shooting essay their experience: this satisfies both the rubric and democracy worst form essays, the grading criteria. Candidates can choose between the shooting the elephant essay two options and are not restricted to persuasive essay animal one or the other: if that were the case, the rubric would read “either knowledge or experience”. What has not happened is that the new rubric has invented a new dichotomy between “knowledge-based” and “experience-based” essays. Incidentally, the rubric was changed to put the emphasis on the task itself and to shooting delete “complicated” language such as “written argument”. The idea is essay animal rights supposed to simple and the key to understanding the new rubric is that it explicitly asks candidates to george the elephant essay be “relevant” in their examples and that these support the main points.

Read this report by general electric, the chief IELTS examiner in george the elephant essay Australia: http://www.englishaustralia.com.au/index.cgi?E=hcatfuncs#038;PT=sl#038;X=getdoc#038;Lev1=pub_c06_07#038;Lev2=c05_hogan. i am from eecs Iran (just wanted you to know that people from my country visit your website, too). I’ve been searching the george shooting net for ages to find a website that can help me with my ielts essay questions and i now i can say yours is one of the essays bestests #128521; i have some questions. will you help me with them please? 1. in your “The three different types of IELTS essay question” you have clearly mentioned in which type of essay we should give our own opinion. can you see this page please: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-identify-the-type-of-essay-to-write-in-the-IELTS. i am confused a little. in which type should i reflect my opinion? and more importantly in george orwell shooting essay which paragraph? 2. under which type does advantage/disadvantage, cause and effect/ problem/solution essays fall? discussion or argument? you seem to insist that all of them are argument type, but hubpages.com seems to differ.

3. what is explanatory essay? Except theses common essay topics that you’ve mentioned, are there any more to add to this list?in Iran it seems the recent ielts test have been exposing the examinees to some different topics (speaking:what qualities should a leader have?does your political one have?, etc) thanks an ocean for berkeley phd thesis eecs spending time for us. hlo dominic i do not get the ideas while writing an essay,what would you like to suggest to george orwell do thats why my essay is democracy worst essays always too short and to make it bigger i repeat some lines in diffent way. Typically, I advise my students to think of examples and reasons. It is very easy to get stuck when you are looking for ideas.

Ask yourself the questions “Why is that true?”or “how can I explain that?” if a question says ‘agree’ or ‘disagree’,then what should i write in the elephant essay th body paragraphs. whether i have to stick to agree only through out the whole essay or also have to english concentration write something about george the elephant why i diasgree please answer me correctly. hello mister Cole. In the ielts academic exam ( writing ) , I heard that there will only be an english creative jobs argumentative essay. is george orwell the elephant that true ? and if not what else ? Ah. Worst Form Of Government? It depends what you mean by argumentative. The problem is essay different teachers use different words to describe types of essay. I am guilty of this too. To try and answer your question, there are different types of essay you need to be able to write. General? These include: discussing both sides of an issue. commenting on a proposal to essay solve a problem. looking at two different options and deciding which is better. giving solutions to a problem.

I could go on. You should understand that you need to be able to answer different types of questions. The secret as ever is to read the concentration question and think hard about it before writing. Think about orwell the elephant essay what it is asking you to do. The mistake is to learn one model essay and try and write the same essay all the time. Very helpful post for essay IELTS Students. (I am writing here since I could not find an orwell email to berkeley write to) first of the elephant essay all I want to compliment you for your website.

It is a very usefull resource for is the worst form of government essays the preparation of the george IELTS Test, the information are presented in a clear and nice way. They are structured very well and the user does not end up being overwhelmed by berkeley phd thesis eecs, the amount of information. Orwell Essay? This is a very important point -at least to me-, because reading your site had the result of calming me me and improve my self confidence for the exam. This is often not the case on the internet, where you mostly hand up panicking, which is higly counter-productive. Nevertheless I am writing you because I would like to present to you my essay for the writing academic task 2. I would really like to have a feedback from you, because unfortunately I can’t find no one to correct me one and general electric tomosynthesis, I would like to have an opinion before I take the exam (which is in george orwell shooting the elephant essay 7 days: unfortunately I have found your website late #128577; ). I am not asking you to correct every mistake, just to read it once and give me your impression and maybe the main points that I have to be careful about in the test (the first being word number: by general, rewriting to the computer I have just seen a lot of george orwell the elephant essay mistakes that I could have corrected if I had the time, thing which I haven’t). If it possible can you say to me around band score I am? Or, is this essay enough good for a minimum band score of 5.5? I am really looking forward to read an general electric answer from george shooting you and I thank you in advance for your courtesy. Write about the following topic:

In many countries schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think ar the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? One of the most important problem in the schools is the student behaviour. Essay? In fact it is known that in many countries episodes of vandalism, disrespect or bullism are frequent in the schools. George The Elephant? This issue should be handled particularly carefully, because we have not to forget that the school has to prepare the students to become responsible adult. Creative Writing Concentration Jobs? It is therefore very important to individuate the causes and the possible solutions to george essay be applied, in order for general the school to fullfill its educational role in the best way. We should take into account the basic fact that no one has a bad behaviour only for the reason to be “bad”. Often those behaviours are the expressions of other, hidden problems. One of the main cause could be the stress that the students frequently have to face in the school. Exams, homeworks, presentations for many subjects put an incredible pressure over the students, that sometimes will be incapable of handling the shooting stress.

Bad behaviour thus manifests itself has a rebellion against the stress, a hidden “stop it” shout. Nevertheless it is my opinion that the phd thesis main source of bad behaviour of students is to be found outside the school, namely in the private life of the students. With both my parents being teachers, I know with certainity that an instable family environment is very often the cause of arrogant and generally bad behaviour. Where the kids are left alone or treated bad by george shooting the elephant, their family members, they can end up manifesting their anger at the school, during the major creative jobs lessons or in the corridors. Those problems suggest their solutions. The amount of stress to which the students are underponed should be carefull analyzed by the teachers and accurately be revised and orwell essay, adjusted. Persuasive? The task is of course not easy, because a certain amount of stress is the elephant inevitable, is the quality of the school has to be preserved. Regarding family problems, it is advantages of living parents my firm convinction that child that were raised (or still are) in orwell shooting the elephant instable family environment should be followed carefully by expers, such as psyhcologists and pedagogists, and sustained by teachers, in persuasive essay animal rights order to allow them to retrieve their happiness and bring their life back on the tracks. Summarizing, students can answer to exagerate stress acting bad: thus the solution is to carefully control and adjust the pressures on the students. A more important cause of problematic behaviour is the george essay family where student lives, that can already be a source of problems and instability.

Students should be therefore sustained by expers in their personal issues. (you can answer me via email if you want) Sorry for the delay. Had a quick look and it looks an major concentration jobs extremely good essay. My one concern is length. sometimes shorter can be better. Sorry but I simply don’y have the time to look at george shooting essay individual essays. This is a very good job. It was clearly given how to general approach a task since you already have given the clue how to orwell shooting the elephant practice a certain topic, and so, through this, many IELTS writing examinees will have the idea now on how to write and speak appropriately. TheIELTSSolution.com. it is my first acknowlegment of this wonderful site.

Please, i have started to practice writing essay and I need a professional tutor to phd thesis assess my writing. Essay? I would like to know if I can send my essays to be assessed. hey can any one (specially Dominic Cole) tell some essay topics that might be asked in September 2011 (24th Sep.). please reply fast i need some important topics . Sorry, I have no way of telling – there’s a pretty large stock of questions. Worst Form? My general advice is to revise vocabulary for george orwell essay the key topic areas before the exam (you can find these on the essay question page) and then to make sure you read the exact question in the exam as closely as possible. I know that this is really boring advice – but be very careful about looking at “recent essay questions”. For me, their only eecs real value is to tell you the shooting the elephant essay types of topic you will need to write about and creative concentration jobs, what sort of george orwell essay vocab you need.

Very frequently, the task part of the question – the bit that tells you what you need to english writing concentration do – is wrongly reported. Thank you very much for your helpful hints and appreciable and dedicated efforts.As a candidate who took nearly 10 exams, I confess that I owe too much to you. This is orwell the elephant essay a very simple way to tomosynthesis say thank you. Pleasure. I hope it’s worked out for you now. 10 tests is a lot – painful. Hi Dominic, very good exam website thankyou. Please, how much is band reduce for short answer? Happy world rabies day! It rather depends how short the answer is.

My understanding/recollection is that you cannot get above 5.0 for task response unless you use 250 words. Your blog seems really good since you give sample IELTS essay questions and topics that would somehow helpful to those IELTS writing examinees. This would serve as a guideline for them because it discusses and shows the exam process of IELTS writing through giving sample question formats, topics and tips. George Shooting The Elephant? Through this, they can practice more in english writing writing their essays and would develop their skills more on essay writing. TheIELTSSolution.com. dear Dominic Cole, can you please suggest me i started my writing task 1 and general, task 2 at appropriate place but.in task 2 i need another page the invigilator give me page and stick behind task 2..but unfortunately i continue my task 2 on the first page (task 1)..if they will penalised me..p;ease answer me because i m in dilemma i write both task very well. when i came home then one of my friend told me that you have to write on 3rd page becz it’s task 2..no one give announcement for that..will it affect my score?? please answer as soon as possible.. I’m afraid I don’t have the answer to that one.

I suspect that it wouldn’t make any difference. George Orwell Shooting The Elephant Essay? The examiner is likely to have worked out is the worst form of government essays, what you did. sir, i humbly wish to draw your kind attention to the fact the according to the latest rubrics, ielts essays have to be based on knowledge or experience NOT knowledge AND experience .i have been teaching ielts for around four years and ask my students to scrupulously keep this fact in mind.Please answer. Are you seriously suggesting that candidates would be penalised for george shooting essay using both knowledge and democracy worst, experience?! As someone who holds a masters in philosophy, I would be delighted if you could enlighten me as to exact distinction between them. I feel perfectly certain that 100% of orwell the elephant essay IELTS examiners would be unable to giver test essay questions split that particular epistemological hair. I believe you will find that “or” enables candidates to do both. If I offer you “coffee or tea”, I would not be offended if you decided to have both. The purpose of rephrasing the rubrics was to make them more accessible – if you read the source papers. George Orwell The Elephant? The purpose was not to introduce a new challenge to candidates.

sir, i personally think that words i , we , you should be eschewed from task one along with copying the introduction from the statement of question (from task 2 as well) and major, sole emphasis should be laid on grouping the subject matter and george the elephant essay, comparisons . English Major Creative Jobs? This is what i ask my students to do . Eschewed! a long time since I saw that word used in earnest. I see your point about “you” and “I” in task 1, but cannot agree with you about “we”. I agree with you about copying wording from the george orwell the elephant question. The (difficult) skill is to rephrase the general tomosynthesis question without repeating it so that you have a valid introduction. I have given the IELTS recently and scored overall band 8 but the problem I faced was in my writing section I got only 6.5 and I need a score of minimum to shooting the elephant get into the university I desire for. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME.. Your blog is very helpful.

With these guidelines, Ielts exam takers can have a better understanding and therefore feel more confident in advantages of living parents their exams. pls can anybody suggest me reading techniques ?? specially for george shooting the elephant headings n yes/no/not given i cnt get more thn 6. You will find my own suggestions on the reading page. The key is to understand the difference between No and Not Given. help me #128578; write for and against argumentative essay Taking exams : for general electric tomosynthesis and against. I’ll see what I can do for you. George Orwell Shooting? It’s the sort of topic you need to be able to write and speak about. I’ll try and post something next week. Thanks but I need it for Monday. #128578; good job, Dominic.

which kind of English should i register for, general or academic? my intention is to apply for a job as a nurse. General Electric Tomosynthesis? I’ve seen somewhere, they were saying there are some professions which requires academic English, i am afraid nursing might fall under that category but I’ve already registered for general English. If you are headed for george shooting the elephant the UK, it will be academic IELTS you need. I’m not sure about Australia, but I imagine that there too the IELTS requirement would be academic. When did you apply? Normally, you can get a refund of your fee if you cancel 5 weeks before. Contact your local test centre. It may be that they might also take pity on you and allow you to transfer to academic. This is the first time i visited this site.

In Australia, you need a minimum of 7.0 in every exam including the OBS. And the requirement there is Academic. I have a very big problem with preparing for berkeley phd thesis eecs IELTS( Academic). I took IELTS for 3 times and my overal band score was 6.0 in shooting the elephant all of them. My first time I scored 6.0 in every module. The second and the third I had 5.5 in of government Listening, 6 in Reading and Writing and 6.5 in Speaking. I really don’t know from where to start with studying, I have many books for IELTS, but I don’t know which one is the best.

Please suggest me only 4 four books (one for every part of the exam) which are the best according to george orwell shooting essay you. I desperately need 7.0 in every part of the test. Appreciation for this infmortiaon is over 9000-thank you! Can i use pencil to attempt IELTS writing test?please anyone must reply me. I want to test questions find out whether it is appropriate to write less that three words where it is george orwell shooting the elephant essay stated that one should use no more than three words. Also, I would like to inquire maybe it is important to persuasive animal rights interpret a graph, line, table or chart by beginning from any point. Front, Middle or Back. I shall be looking forward to george shooting the elephant receiving your reply. Thanking you in advance. No more than 3 words means 1, 2 or 3 words.

you helped me a lot. I have studying on your website recently. Essays? I found it great and a resourceful webpage. I have taken the IELTS at least 7 times now, and I have not achieved my required results yet. I need a band score of 8 in each module. My next exam is on george shooting the 31.03.12, any more advice Sir?In my last 2 exam, I got 6.5 in Writing. Your website is of great help for those who want to is the of government take IELTS #128521;

I just want to ask you this question: Other cultures highly value old people, while others value young people. Discuss both opposing views and give your opinion. I wanted to orwell the elephant essay ask you a question about the IELTs and in partictular about general tomosynthesis paragraphs. When I did my ielts test, I finished the writing task 2, and left one line empty between each paragraph. However, when I wrote the conclusion, I left 4-5 empty lines and george orwell shooting essay, then started the conclusion. I did this because I was sort of running out of time, and english major creative writing, didnt know if I wanted to add anything else in the last paragraph( the one before conclusion. so it looked a bit like this. Do you thing this will affect the mark I get? No, I very much doubt it- examiners are intelligent people. I am really grateful to you as I only prepared for my IELTS examination from this website and I got band 8 in all modules except writing where I got 7.5.

You are awesome. In simply words . No you shoulndot give your side immediately give yours conclusion step by step. Firstly explain both sides and then which you like most give him side . Agree or disagree is most important part choose 1 thing . Yes you should choose a type of essay argument the giver test essay main factor. i m so confused which book to choose for shooting essay preparing ielts so plz woud u like to persuasive essay against rights suggest me which book to study. After I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and orwell shooting the elephant, now each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there any means you possibly can remove me from that service? Thanks! Sorry there is nothing I can do about that as I do not have details of that service. I can only suggest that you move the post to phd thesis eecs spam!!

Congrats on the elephant essay your blog. One question thou, some literature state there are 4 different types of essays instead of the 3 types you mention in your blog, these are: Do you agree with this? if so, when we have a “to what extent do you agree or disagree” type of question, which kind of major creative writing concentration jobs essay will that be from the 4 types mentioned above?x. Hmmmm. I do need to george shooting essay go back to that post. The division you maker does make sense. In truth though I increasingly wonder how helpful it is to categorise different essay types rather than just looking at the particular question in front of you and answering the general tomosynthesis question as it is asked. I say this because I feel some candidates get trapped by trying to follow a particular formula.

I will put this on my to the elephant essay do list. Thank you for general your comment. firstly thanks for the effort you have made for us.anyway i am having problem in differentiating between agree/disgree and to what extent do you agree/disagree..i have seen essays written both by discussing both topic in 4 paragrpah model and also taking only one position.does the topic content make difference on george shooting the elephant choosing the format of such essay? Good question. Advantages Of Living With Parents Essays? You will find advice that gives you quite strict guidelines on how to answer different question types -setting out formulae/formulas for each type of george orwell shooting essay question.

I am never really convinced by that approach, I much prefer the approach of looking at each question on its own merits and major, focussing on george orwell shooting the elephant essay answering the question as it is asked. I realise that that may not seem particularly helpful, so here is electric tomosynthesis my general advice. The introduction and conclusion are the george orwell areas where you need to focus on addressing the question and giving your clear answer to it. So in those paragraphs you need to questions outline your your position in relation to the question and give your answer. Even if the question is “do you agree?”, it is shooting essay open to you to say I agree but only up to a point. Persuasive Essay Animal? The content paragraphs are where you introduce the reasons for your point of view.

Typically, the academic thing to do is to look at both sides of the issue – even if you have a strong opinion for one point of view. This can work with almost IELTS agree/disagree type questions. George Orwell? Certainly, with my own students, I encourage them to look at both sides of the issue, as for them IELTS is simply a passport to form essays academic courses at university and I want them to learn the skills of academic writing.That said, it is open to george shooting you to take just one position and of living, argue that – on condition that you outline this is your introduction and shooting essay, the question does not ask you to look at both sides of the question. Hi Dominic Cole i introduced of your blog before few days of my IELTS exam; i also took suggestion as far as possible. Berkeley Eecs? i participated on IELTS exam 1st September 2012 but unfortunately my writing task was out of my general knowledge of the shooting the elephant essay topics. I frustrated what i should write? my topic was quoted you. It was. ” It is a natural process of berkeley phd thesis eecs animal species to become extinct (e.g dinosaurs, dodos etc). There is no reason why people should try to orwell shooting the elephant essay happening this.

Do you agree or disagree?” in this case how i prepare myself to get excellent score? any suggestion? please. Hi Dominic cole, I have given Ilets exam in General three times and every time i got 6.5 in writing but i need 7 each.How can i practice writing at home and know where is the mistake in advantages with my writing to improve.Please give some tips. Orwell Shooting The Elephant Essay? Thank you. i m having my exam on 22nd sept i m not able to pass i m giving 2nd time plzz give some suggestion what should i do i m not having that much time to prepare plzzz try to give suggestion abt ielts. you done very well. Is The Worst Form Essays? your blog guide me to significant progress… thanks a lot… Hi there to george shooting every single one, it’s in form of government fact a pleasant for me to go to see this website, it includes precious Information. Awesome blog!

Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on. everything. Would you suggest starting with. a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. George Shooting? Any recommendations? Cheers! Practiced essay need to questions get it reviewed, How can i do that. I suggest you contact one of the tutors on the site. As an ESOL teacher , this is a well thought out, clearly presented and, importantly, helpful website. I have found it extremely useful for my own and my students’ use.

Hy, I dont have much to orwell shooting the elephant ask for right now. Just wanted to clarify a query for writing test. Do we get choice to select the essay types as in, for advantages of living instance choose 2 from given 3 topics…kind of. I hope you get what I mean in george orwell shooting essay this context. Please excuse my lame language. Hello, I was just wondering is general there any difference in george shooting the elephant essay scoring of academic and general writing ? I felt, the vocab section in academic test , requires more academic words.If not, candidates will not score a 7 or 8 in advantages of living with parents essays it (. Orwell Shooting The Elephant? ). And what about ‘ agree or disagree / positive or negative types questions?

Is it necessary to stick with one side in test the opinion paragraph? ie; 2 positive points and 1 negative point. Can I still conclude it as ‘positive’ ? Logically, it doesn’t make sense as the george orwell the elephant essay negative side would nullify one of the positive effects, wouldn’t it? Could we go like ‘ it may be positive’ in this case ( if the question is ‘ is this positive or negative’)? Why many students are not getting 9 in task response? Is it mainly because of the lack of relevant example ? If you could be any of my assistance, I’d really grateful. I have had a question for writing task 2. When I went to school to advantages of living with prepare for IELTS, they said I should not use “I, you” when I write task 2. George Essay? I could use “It is berkeley phd thesis said/ believed/ stated that…”. Generally, they said I should not use 1st 2nd like “I, U”, should use negative voice. What do you think about this opinion? Good question. Orwell Shooting The Elephant? My own preference is to avoid the “I”, but that does not mean you can never use it. There are times when you want to make it clear that this is your opinion and then personal language is more appropriate.

It may be more stylist though to use “In my view” rather than “I think” what will happen if i write agree/disagree while question ask for both view. Thank you for phd thesis the great ideas. I have to focus on some time I choose to adopt to write a article. It is very important that you keep to the topic. Don’t stray onto something else! Hey DC .. George Orwell Shooting The Elephant? I need essay writing templates that include some general words, necessary for any kind of questions essay.. Please help me. dear dominic i m writing from india my exam on 6 september 2014 …..pls help me in writing topics….for ex…….SMOKING SHOULD BE BANNED ON PUBLIC PLACES……TO WHAT EXTENT DO U AGREE OR DISAGREE……..can i discribe in george shooting introduction that smoking should banned …then in first body paragraph problems by smoking in public places then in second paragraph effects of smoking in public places …..then in conclusion about persuasive essay animal goverment should take hard step to stop this………….also tell me in agree disagree we must have to orwell the elephant dicusss both …….answer soon.. I find your website really helpful. but i have faced a problem regarding your section of letter writing for electric general ielts. I need to prepare for general ielts but as soon as i click on the section, error occurs.

So please fix the problem. Orwell Shooting Essay? Regards. Can you point me to giver essay questions the exact link that doesn’t work. It all seems fine to orwell shooting me. Many of the links for the topics are broken. How many people have visited your website? Of them, what is the % from China?

DCielts provides useful information in helping Chinese students who are planning to sit Ielts or Toefl. Thanks. I found your website very useful for me. English Writing? Thanks to your sample essays, I was able to get 8 for writing. Thank you very much sir. Actually I m very confuse about writing task 2 ( Essay Writing ).Is it possible that Same Essay topic will come again next IELTS exam?Which topic I refere maximum for exam?Can you please guide me sir? thank’s dominic you helped me a lot.

Sir my IELTS test will be on next week: and i need at least 6 bands in writing: Some people claim that not enough of the george waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to essay make it a legal requirement. Mostly the recycled product is george orwell essay come from the home wastage’s, but nowadays concerned department are claiming that waste material from home is not properly enough as it should be. Major Creative Concentration? Some people of the society believe that it is the orwell the elephant essay negligence of people that waste material are not receiving enough by the concerned organization from the society, therefore, they believe that a legislation should be passed for making it a legal requirement. As far as my opinion is concerned there should be a law for recycling, but, it is also the responsibility of the advantages of living essays society and orwell the elephant, media as well. Organizations for recycling are doing their job in a proper manner. They collected every garbage from the street even from the gutters as well. Advantages Parents? In contrast, residents of the society are not participating with the orwell shooting the elephant recycling workforce; moreover, it happens due to lack of awareness in english jobs people for essay the importance of recycling garbage. Secondly, there is the general electric negligence factor as well in george orwell essay the society in participating with recycling department.

For instance, people throw their house waste material into their dustbins without separating the advantages parents recycled material from the un-recycled material. Even a recently conducted survey revealed the fact that the george shooting essay 50% materials which can be recycled are wasted because they are not separated from the non-recyclable material by the residents of the society. Secondly, citizens of the society are not giving enough importance in the recycling of wastage, therefore, government should pass the legislation that garbage should be separated as recycled and advantages with, non-recycled wastage, moreover, people should pack that recyclable product and put them in a separate box instead of throwing in the dustbin. In addition, government should also penalize those people who are not obeying the george orwell shooting the elephant essay law. Therefore, these acts restrict the citizens to follow the electric law and help the george orwell essay recycling department to get as much garbage as the english major concentration jobs organizations wanted to recycle. After viewing above all discussion, it would lead me to orwell shooting essay conclude on the note that people should feel the importance material and legislation should be passed for giver essay questions waste material.

These kind of acts would be enough to enhance the george shooting proportion of waste material. […] Sample essay questions and sample essays […]

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
George Orwell s Shooting an Elephant Essay - 783 Words | Bartleby

Real company reviews from real employees | SEEK. Gold Coast — 3 months ago. The benefits are good. Bonus Gift cards every couple of george shooting months for you to spend in essay against animal Kmart. The 50% off most clothing items and underwear. Dealing with management and if you#x27;re not in a well known clique there you get no where. It#x27;s all about favouritism. What#x27;s it like to work at your company? No one knows better than you what it#x27;s like to work for george orwell your employer.

Have your say and leave a review. #x27; Collaborative teamwork and friendly work environment, but less self-development. Essay Questions! #x27; Sydney — 9 months ago. Management is really good and job tasks are clear. Managers are working together with staffs in the most of times. Friendly work environment. The challenges are for essay individuals. To be honest, there is not much to learn from the major writing concentration jobs job because Kmart is the elephant essay a retailing chain corporation and The head office make the deci. #x27; My overall experience at giver test essay, Kmart has been rewarding and delightful. #x27; melbourne — 1 year ago.

The best things whilst working at Kmart is meeting new people and being apart of a team. Orwell! I had the opportunity to develop and took the opportunity. Advantages Parents Essays! From a stock replenish. The challenges I faced in my early months of working at Kmart was trying to remember where all their merchandise and products are allocated. George! Once I overcome that challeng. #x27; You can learn alot both good and bad #x27; Warriewood, NSW, Australia — 1 year ago. You can learn alot of tomosynthesis roles there from orwell dealing with the many different types of customers which i loved to with the photo lab, front desk, back orders and george orwell essay damaged goods to english creative writing jobs de. Having to george shooting cover for workers who don#x27;t pull their weight! Trying to advantages of living with get a shift when you#x27;re a casual staff member.

The managers there are way too young and don#x27;t share the. #x27; The job came along at shooting the elephant, a time where I needed to work and the hours (though long a. #x27; Melbourne, Victoria, Australia — 1 year ago. Lots of great staff to work with, was able to train many young people!! Working nights, was very challenging for me and my family!! Dealing with difficult and of living with abusive customers. Some staff not pulling their weight!! #x27; My experience would be - work at Kmart to learn and develop yourself. #x27; Logan Central, Queensland, Australia — 1 year ago.

Gives you the chance to george orwell learn leadership roles, Lets you understand how to solve a situation when it comes to general tomosynthesis that time and lets you build your communication skills as we. Sometimes Christmas and shooting the elephant essay other public holidays are challenging also sometimes dealing with customers who are abusive can hurt a little and can be a challenge. #x27; Kmart, a company where all team members can succeed in a role in eecs which they enjo. The Elephant Essay! #x27; Brisbane, Queensland, Australia — 1 year ago. The managers and team members all have a strong work ethic and work positively as a team. Major Creative Writing Concentration! There are a variety of george orwell tasks which managers assign to team members who they know. When commencing employment at Kmart there was a steep learning curve however the managers always helped out in phd thesis any way they could to improve myself and other staff member. #x27; Great first Job to george the elephant get you into the industry and working enviroment. Persuasive Essay Against Animal Rights! #x27; The working hours and how flexible it is around life and shooting study. They train you well and maintain good report with all staff members and help you learn or gain new lessons.

The people, while i was working, were not encouraging but this was mainly caused because of essay siruations that had happened outside of george shooting the elephant work, however, those situations were t. #x27; A great company who has been very good to me but I have little respect for senio. #x27; Sydney, New South Wales, Australia — 1 year ago. The company it self is english writing jobs good and george the model is right. Is The! The people are what make a great company. Poor leadership from senior management as decisions are made on individuals not based on their abilities but on whether they are liked. Very unprofessional behaviours and. #x27; Good environment to george shooting the elephant work in but need improvements on their training. #x27; - Great for work experiences. - Willingness to work around the employee#x27;s personal schedule. - Assisting customers need.

- Learn how to to tackle difficult problems. - Quite challenging in giver test questions the beginning of shooting essay my career working in Kmart as I had very limited training on using the technology and where everything is located. The most traini. #x27; Enjoyed working at english major creative, that site with the people I met and conditions were good whic. #x27; Braeside, Victoria, Australia — 3 months ago.

Worked a 4 day week worked out to be 9 hr day,36hr week. As time when on each EBA negotiation gave better pay. Only challenge and it wasn#x27;t really a challenge was knowing that it was getting taken over by toll and we were all being made redundant. Would#x27;ve liked the opportunity to. Brisbane, Queensland, Australia — 9 months ago. Working at Kmart is a good place to start working for orwell essay a first time job. Giver Test Essay Questions! All the people I work with are friendly and george the elephant there#x27;s no one that doesn#x27;t get along with another tea. There is rights very little opportunity for any kind of career development. It#x27;s also difficult to be able to george orwell communicate with managers sometimes as you never know how to find t. #x27; Good place to major creative writing jobs work when you want to leave work behind the the elephant moment you step out th. #x27; Sydney, New South Wales, Australia — 1 year ago.

When you have a good management team in store then it is a really good place to essay rights work. When you have a management team that do not work well together it filters down and shooting the elephant essay makes it hard for everyone. #x27; Great employer! But career progression can be somewhat limited. #x27; Bendigo, Victoria, Australia — 1 year ago. Great working environment, everyone is supported in their roles and everyone is approachable.

As a team memeber who trains new staff I think the culture is creative writing concentration jobs a great one to. Career progression through local store ranks beyond your hired role (eg. casual into part time) can be difficult.b it you can grow through your department fairly well. (I. #x27; Best place to work at if your a teen. George Shooting! Awesome pay, awesome hours and great frien. #x27; Redbank, Queensland, Australia — 1 year ago. They are so friendly, very understandable, great pay and of living essays good hours. George! If you were sick and or couldn#x27;t make it to work they were very understandable. I didn#x27;t really come across any challenges as it was a great and easy work environment.

#x27; .Great team environment with flexible availabli #x27; Warriewood, New South Wales, Australia — 1 year ago. Great team environment. Jobs are varied from front end service to back dock receiving to floor filling to utilize different skill sets amongst team members. On casual employment there are slow period during the of living parents year where shifts have to be spread out. So there are times where shifts may be scarce or short. #x27; Fun, hardworking environment with great people #x27; South Perth, Western Australia, Australia — 1 year ago. Fun working environment, meeting new people, variety of job roles. Sometimes long hours, High expectations from management that are sometimes almost impossible to shooting reach if trying to maintain a clean store and to prioritise customer servi. #x27; Fun environment but management needs work. #x27;

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia — 1 year ago. The team you work with are absolutely lovely, also they are flexible with hours and shifts. Management was not the best, have to be able to handle rude customers and not take anything personally. #x27; I learnt fantastic people skills that I am grateful for. Eecs! #x27; Morayfield, Queensland, Australia — 1 year ago. People were friendly and helpful. I learnt great people skills. My favourite department to work in was sound and vision.

Defusing an upset customer so they would leave happy or at least ok. George! Disputes with customers are always challenging but once you fix the with parents essays situation it#x27;s a good feeling. #x27; I felt as though I was not appreciated or valued. #x27; Belconnen, Australian Capital Territory, Australia — 2 years ago. Team member discount card that is received after probation period is met. The opportunity to try and make a better working environment through team leadership, involvemen.

Not having a supportive network of #x27;superiors#x27;. Constantly being called out on areas for improvement but not acknowledged or thanked for george orwell shooting essay all of the major writing concentration positive work and huge. SEEK has not verified the george shooting truth or accuracy of these comments and worst form of government essays does not adopt or endorse any of the comments posted on the elephant this page. SEEK collects and posts the comments for what they are worth and for giver questions information purposes only to assist candidates to find employment through www.seek.com.au. #x27; Ok for survival, terrible for future career. #x27;

Gold Coast — 3 months ago. The benefits are good. George Orwell! Bonus Gift cards every couple of months for you to phd thesis spend in Kmart. The 50% off most clothing items and underwear. Dealing with management and if you#x27;re not in a well known clique there you get no where. It#x27;s all about favouritism. #x27; Enjoyed working at that site with the people I met and conditions were good whic. George Orwell Shooting The Elephant! #x27; Braeside, Victoria, Australia — 3 months ago.

Worked a 4 day week worked out to be 9 hr day,36hr week. With Essays! As time when on each EBA negotiation gave better pay. Only challenge and it wasn#x27;t really a challenge was knowing that it was getting taken over by george shooting essay toll and we were all being made redundant. Would#x27;ve liked the opportunity to. What#x27;s it like to work at your company? No one knows better than you what it#x27;s like to work for your employer. Have your say and leave a review.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia — 9 months ago. Working at Kmart is a good place to start working for a first time job. All the people I work with are friendly and there#x27;s no one that doesn#x27;t get along with another tea. There is very little opportunity for any kind of career development. It#x27;s also difficult to be able to english writing jobs communicate with managers sometimes as you never know how to find t. #x27; Collaborative teamwork and george orwell essay friendly work environment, but less self-development. Electric Tomosynthesis! #x27; Sydney — 9 months ago. Management is really good and george shooting the elephant essay job tasks are clear. Managers are working together with staffs in the most of essay questions times. Friendly work environment.

The challenges are for individuals. To be honest, there is not much to learn from the george essay job because Kmart is a retailing chain corporation and The head office make the general tomosynthesis deci. #x27; Good place to work when you want to leave work behind the moment you step out th. George Orwell The Elephant! #x27; Sydney, New South Wales, Australia — 1 year ago. When you have a good management team in store then it is a really good place to work. When you have a management team that do not work well together it filters down and persuasive against animal rights makes it hard for everyone.

#x27; My overall experience at Kmart has been rewarding and delightful. George! #x27; melbourne — 1 year ago. The best things whilst working at Kmart is meeting new people and being apart of a team. I had the opportunity to develop and took the opportunity. From a stock replenish. The challenges I faced in my early months of working at Kmart was trying to essay questions remember where all their merchandise and products are allocated. Once I overcome that challeng. #x27; Great employer! But career progression can be somewhat limited. #x27;

Bendigo, Victoria, Australia — 1 year ago. Great working environment, everyone is supported in their roles and everyone is approachable. As a team memeber who trains new staff I think the george orwell shooting culture is a great one to. Career progression through local store ranks beyond your hired role (eg. casual into part time) can be difficult.b it you can grow through your department fairly well. (I. #x27; You can learn alot both good and bad #x27;

Warriewood, NSW, Australia — 1 year ago. You can learn alot of roles there from dealing with the general tomosynthesis many different types of customers which i loved to the photo lab, front desk, back orders and shooting damaged goods to de. Having to cover for workers who don#x27;t pull their weight! Trying to get a shift when you#x27;re a casual staff member. The managers there are way too young and don#x27;t share the. #x27; Best place to electric work at if your a teen.

Awesome pay, awesome hours and great frien. #x27; Redbank, Queensland, Australia — 1 year ago. They are so friendly, very understandable, great pay and good hours. If you were sick and or couldn#x27;t make it to work they were very understandable. I didn#x27;t really come across any challenges as it was a great and easy work environment. #x27; The job came along at a time where I needed to work and the hours (though long a. Shooting The Elephant! #x27; Melbourne, Victoria, Australia — 1 year ago.

Lots of tomosynthesis great staff to george shooting essay work with, was able to train many young people!! Working nights, was very challenging for me and test my family!! Dealing with difficult and shooting abusive customers. Test Essay! Some staff not pulling their weight!! #x27; .Great team environment with flexible availabli #x27; Warriewood, New South Wales, Australia — 1 year ago. Great team environment. Jobs are varied from front end service to back dock receiving to floor filling to utilize different skill sets amongst team members. On casual employment there are slow period during the year where shifts have to be spread out. So there are times where shifts may be scarce or short.

#x27; My experience would be - work at Kmart to george shooting essay learn and general develop yourself. #x27; Logan Central, Queensland, Australia — 1 year ago. Gives you the chance to learn leadership roles, Lets you understand how to orwell shooting essay solve a situation when it comes to that time and lets you build your communication skills as we. Sometimes Christmas and other public holidays are challenging also sometimes dealing with customers who are abusive can hurt a little and can be a challenge. #x27; Fun, hardworking environment with great people #x27; South Perth, Western Australia, Australia — 1 year ago.

Fun working environment, meeting new people, variety of job roles. Sometimes long hours, High expectations from management that are sometimes almost impossible to of living with essays reach if trying to george essay maintain a clean store and to prioritise customer servi. #x27; Kmart, a company where all team members can succeed in a role in which they enjo. #x27; Brisbane, Queensland, Australia — 1 year ago. The managers and team members all have a strong work ethic and work positively as a team. There are a variety of form tasks which managers assign to team members who they know. When commencing employment at Kmart there was a steep learning curve however the shooting the elephant essay managers always helped out in any way they could to phd thesis eecs improve myself and other staff member. #x27; Fun environment but management needs work. #x27;

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia — 1 year ago. The team you work with are absolutely lovely, also they are flexible with hours and george shooting essay shifts. Management was not the best, have to be able to essay questions handle rude customers and not take anything personally. #x27; Great first Job to the elephant essay get you into the industry and working enviroment. #x27; The working hours and how flexible it is around life and berkeley phd thesis eecs study. They train you well and maintain good report with all staff members and help you learn or gain new lessons. The people, while i was working, were not encouraging but this was mainly caused because of siruations that had happened outside of work, however, those situations were t. #x27; I learnt fantastic people skills that I am grateful for. Essay! #x27;

Morayfield, Queensland, Australia — 1 year ago. People were friendly and helpful. Democracy Is The Worst Form Essays! I learnt great people skills. My favourite department to work in was sound and the elephant vision. Defusing an upset customer so they would leave happy or at least ok. Disputes with customers are always challenging but once you fix the situation it#x27;s a good feeling. #x27; A great company who has been very good to me but I have little respect for of living parents senio. #x27; Sydney, New South Wales, Australia — 1 year ago. The company it self is good and the model is right. The people are what make a great company. Poor leadership from essay senior management as decisions are made on individuals not based on their abilities but on whether they are liked.

Very unprofessional behaviours and. #x27; I felt as though I was not appreciated or valued. #x27; Belconnen, Australian Capital Territory, Australia — 2 years ago. Team member discount card that is received after probation period is met. The opportunity to against rights try and make a better working environment through team leadership, involvemen. Not having a supportive network of #x27;superiors#x27;. Constantly being called out on areas for orwell shooting essay improvement but not acknowledged or thanked for all of the positive work and huge. #x27; Good environment to work in but need improvements on their training. #x27; - Great for test essay work experiences. - Willingness to work around the employee#x27;s personal schedule. - Assisting customers need.

- Learn how to to tackle difficult problems. - Quite challenging in the beginning of shooting essay my career working in Kmart as I had very limited training on using the is the worst of government essays technology and where everything is located. The most traini.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
George Orwell: Shooting an Elephant - Orwell ru

8 Tips for Writing a Great Cover Letter. Hiring managers sometimes have hundreds of george orwell shooting essay, cover letters and rights, resumes to sift through for a single job post. Potential employees only have a few seconds to make a good first impression, and a boring cover letter could land them straight in the no pile. Cover letters allow employers to hear your voice, understand your intentions and learn about your personality. Hiring managers want to know why your skills and personality are a right fit for the company and the elephant essay, a successful cover letter should do this.

Follow these eight tips from hiring experts if you want to write a cover letter that will score you an with, interview. You don#39;t want to george orwell essay, sound like everyone else. Give hiring managers a sense of advantages of living with, your personality and how you might fit into george shooting essay the company. One key thing we look for is whether they#39;ve incorporated aspects of their personality into examples of how they would succeed in this position, said Margaret Freel, corporate recruiter at TechSmith Corp. Mentioning experiences that qualify you for that particular position is parents essays one way to personalize your letter, Freel added. Candidates should be concise and self-aware enough to know how their track record of results makes them unique, and orwell essay, able to persuasive essay against animal rights, relate that back to the position. [Writing your resume? Follow these expert tips .] 2. Do your research and customize it. George Shooting? Just like your resume, cover letters should be tailored to each position and company. With Parents? Instead of a template-style cover letter, use industry-specific language that references points from the job description and company website. Do your research and find out george orwell shooting essay who the hiring manager is, and is the worst form, address the cover letter to them.

While this isn#39;t always possible, addressing the hiring manager specifically sets you apart. If you#39;re unsure who the hiring manager is, use a generic salutation but only as a last resort. Address the cover letter to shooting the elephant, a specific person within the company, not the general and much hated #39;Dear sir or madam,#39; said Alina Cincan, managing director and co-founder of Inbox Translation. This shows the candidate has done some research and of living essays, is truly interested in george orwell the elephant essay, working with that company, not just any company. Christa Shapiro, director at staffing firm Kforce, said one thing that always draws attention to a cover letter is mentioning why you want to be a part of that particular organization. Show a passion for the organization and industry employers don#39;t want to hire someone will not care about their work.

Hiring managers aren#39;t going to finish reading your cover letter if they are bored after the first line. A strong intro should highlight experiences, years of work or something specific from the job posting, suggested Chaz Pitts-Kyser, founder and author of Careeranista. Tomosynthesis? Hiring managers often pay even less attention to george orwell essay, cover letters than they do resumes, so having something more than #39;I am applying for the position and such and such in your first paragraph is key, she told Business News Daily. Another way you can make your cover letter pop is including a brief story that connects you to the company through its mission and/or product. This exercise will undoubtedly separate you from the majority of other candidates, said Kenneth Johnson, president of East Coast Executives. If you were introduced or connected to general tomosynthesis, a hiring manager by a specific employee at the company or a mutual industry contact, be sure to include that person#39;s name in your cover letter (with their permission).

Candidates can include referrals in george shooting essay, a cover letter to make them stand out, said Bill Peppler, managing partner at staffing firm Kavaliro. They should always gain permission for this before they name-drop, but the cover letter gives great opportunity to advantages of living essays, include a name of someone that can vouch for your skills. 5. Address potential resume concerns. A well-crafted cover letter does more than explain why you#39;re the george orwell the elephant essay right person for the job. It also gives you the chance to explain items on your resume that might otherwise be considered red flags. Berkeley Phd Thesis? Address any issues that may give a hiring manager pause, such as gaps in employment, said Diane Domeyer, executive director of staffing firm The Creative Group. While your cover letter should reference material from your resume, it shouldn#39;t simply be a word-for-word repeat, said Jane Trnka, executive director of the Career Development Center at the Rollins College Crummer Graduate School of Business. Use the cover letter to expand where necessary and discuss your listed experiences from a different angle. Craft the letter to george the elephant essay, acknowledge the requirements of the role and culture of the organization, while highlighting the skills and experiences that align with the job description, Trnka told Business News Daily. As with any other job application materials, it#39;s imperative to check and double-check your cover letter for any grammatical or factual errors. Electric Tomosynthesis? Even the smallest mistake can make a bad impression on the person reading your letter.

If there are errors of any kind, it#39;s a huge red flag, said Guryan Tighe, partner at Speakeasy Strategies. This is orwell shooting the elephant essay your one opportunity to impress [the hiring manager] and show who you are. If there are typos, misspellings or formatting issues, it#39;s generally an automatic out. Hiring managers are busy and usually have a lot of is the form essays, applications to look at. Keeping your cover letter concise and to the point will improve your chances of it being read and makes the hiring manager#39;s job easier which is always a good thing.

The best cover letters can concise, friendly and the elephant essay, transparent, said Chris Wood, president at Paige Technologies. The best cover letters get right to the heart of why we are a great fit for them, and why they are the of living essays best fit for george the elephant essay us. Additional reporting by Nicole Fallon, Sammi Caramela and Brittney Morgan. Some source interviews were conducted for essay against a previous version of this article. Saige Driver graduated from shooting essay Ball State University in of living parents essays, 2015 with a degree in orwell shooting the elephant essay, journalism. Essay Against Rights? She started her career at a radio station in orwell the elephant, Indiana, and is currently a B2B staff writer at Business News Daily.

She loves reading and her beagle mix, Millie. Reach her by email, or follow her on of living essays, Twitter.

Essay Writing Service -
Shooting an Elephant - Wikipedia

History Department – Essay Writing Guide. This guide is intended to provide you with information about the skills of george shooting essay writing, including how and when to use footnotes or endnotes, presentation requirements and how to reference different kinds of sources (books, articles or web pages, for instance) and with more general advice about berkeley, planning, introducing and developing your essays as coherent and effective arguments. The most important point to remember in working through this guide is orwell, that writing good essays and communicating your ideas effectively are skills you can learn, develop and build. One of the most important skills developed in an Arts degree is the ability to communicate your ideas in english creative concentration writing clearly and effectively. This involves numerous other skills, including the orwell shooting the elephant essay ability to summarise and giver test questions, paraphrase the work of other writers, the development of arguments and george orwell the elephant essay, conclusions, and the effective use of evidence to support a case. Essay writing in History is particularly aimed at helping you progressively develop your skills in research, analysing different forms of source material, using different kinds of evidence, and writing strong, critical and clear arguments. Berkeley Phd Thesis Eecs. In most History subjects, you will be asked to produce different kinds of writing.

Short tutorial and document exercises usually address specific skills or tasks (locating sources, analysing a documents point of view, or assessing how particular images or words help us understand historical context, for instance), while examinations assess your knowledge of the content covered in particular subjects. Essays provide you with an opportunity to orwell, explore a particular issue or theme in more depth. In general, the functions of an essay are: to introduce an argument, or contention, based upon the question or problem you choose to tackle; to develop and defend that argument or contention by against animal rights discussing and analysing a range of appropriate evidence, and by critically assessing the interpretations of george shooting essay other historians; and to propose conclusions. The best essays have a clear line of argument, and they present a thesis. In other words, they state a position, defend that position, and arrive at strong, clear conclusions. They have a well-defined introduction which identifies the central problem or issue and english writing jobs, introduces the argument, a body which logically develops the argument point-by-point, and a conclusion which sums up the argument. There are no simple instructions for good essay writing. As you progress through your university course, you should be developing skills in research, analysis and communication which will not only allow you to write good essays, but to effectively communicate your ideas in other situations as well. The tutors assessment of your essays provides you with feedback on your progress in these different skills. The desired outcomes of essays in third-year subjects include formulating research projects and acquiring independent research skills; presenting a sustained argument, based mainly on substantial primary sources; placing secondary sources in their cultural, ideological and epistemological context by showing where they fit into the current state of historical knowledge; and greater awareness of the orwell shooting the elephant essay ongoing debates about the philosophy and general electric tomosynthesis, practice of history. The desired outcomes of essays in second-year subjects include developing skills in the use of bibliographies and other reference material, critical reading, putting more independent thought and reflection into essays; greater understanding of documentary criticism and interpretation, and the critical analysis of secondary interpretations by orwell shooting essay other historians.

The desired outcomes of essays in first-year subjects include: helping you learn to argue your own position against other points of view; development of the conventions of tomosynthesis good historical essay writing, such as rigorous documentation and george orwell the elephant essay, footnoting; awareness of the variety of advantages parents representations of the george the elephant past; familiarity with the different ways historians use evidence; and tomosynthesis, the ability to recognise, analyse and summarise an historical argument. Do not assume that you should target your arguments for particular lecturers or tutors. For a start, your predictions may be inaccurate. Moreover, arguing what you think you ought to argue is a lot more complicated and a lot less interesting than arguing what you come to believe as you gather information, review different interpretations, and form your own perspectives on an issue or problem. George The Elephant Essay. Any teacher can tell you that some of the giver best essays they read develop arguments they don’t agree with at all, or arguments which challenge their own interpretations. Writing is easier if you imagine an audience: a person you want to convince of something, a person who wants to know about your ideas and perspectives. Your task, however, is not to tell your audience what they think, but to tell your audience what you think, and give them reasons and george shooting, evidence which show why your conclusions are significant, interesting and convincing. 3. Choosing and comprehending the question or topic. Choose a topic or question you find interesting and challenging: it is easier and much more enjoyable to develop and defend a strong argument on something which interests and intrigues you than on something you find boring or simple.

Writing is not the with parents outcome or the finished product of learning: it is a vital part of learning. It is a way of sorting out and clarifying your interpretations, trying out george essay, your ideas, and with parents essays, discovering new ways of thinking about an issue. Think about the question or topic in these ways: what is the problem it suggests? what is the ‘angle’, the issue, which makes it interesting? what is my first reaction to george orwell the elephant essay, the question: yes, no, maybe? do I agree or disagree with the contention or interpretation the topic suggests? what ideas and issues can I explore by answering this question? is there a simple answer, or might it be more complex than it looks? what kinds of persuasive against animal rights information is the question asking me to use? what themes can I explore? It is also important to look at the question and ask yourself: do I understand what the question or topic is asking me to do? Have I interpreted the question correctly? If you are not sure, or if you want to check that the approach you are taking does address the george question, talk to your tutor. Essay topics are designed to draw on the subject content developed in of living with parents lectures and tutorials, and on reading you have completed. Reading the works of other historians, such as those suggested in reading lists, will help you see how others have approached that problem or issue.

Historians often disagree on the importance or the meaning of events of orwell the elephant essay evidence, or use different kinds of evidence to challenge and amend prior interpretations. They will take different approaches to the same question, and suggest different ways of examining an issue, be it gender relations in medieval Europe or the reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union or the impact of colonial rule in India. What you will see, however, is that all of these writers state a position. They address a problem. They answer a real or implied question. You should trace their strategies for developing arguments and drawing conclusions. As you do your introductory reading, review your lecture notes, and of living, read more widely, think about your point of view, your own position in relation to orwell shooting the elephant essay, other writers, and your own response to giver test, a problem.

Examine and evaluate the george shooting the elephant essay evidence: what conclusions can you draw? Which interpretations do you think best fit the available evidence? Your interpretations and conclusions do not have to be new to be original, challenging, and convincing. You should argue the case which you think emerges most clearly from the evidence and from your critical review of other historians work. You’ve read the books and articles recommended in the handbook or by your tutor. Eecs. You’ve come up with some ideas about how you might approach the question, and george orwell, you’ve got a pretty good idea about how other historians have interpreted the issues and addressed the topic. Is The Essays. You’ve collected some evidence from a range of different sources and george, you’ve tried mapping out some preliminary ideas and arguments on general electric, paper. You’ve looked again at the major themes of the george shooting the elephant subject and thought about how you might address them in this essay.

In order to plan your essay, you now need to come up with an argument, a point of view which will guide your writing towards a conclusion. Would you agree with the argument that respect for the natural environment is of government essays, a recent discovery for residents of Mars? Having read a variety of sources, you should be able to state your thesis (your answer) in a sentence or two. Yes, because prior to the environmental movements of the george shooting 1960s, the majority of Martians were more interested in exploiting than respecting the natural environment. No, because Martians have persistently respected their version of the persuasive natural environment, because natural environments are always viewed in a romanticised and idealised form. No, it is difficult to draw a simple, general conclusion on this issue, as the evidence suggests that different groups of Martians have interpreted and viewed the environment very differently over george shooting the elephant essay time, and no clear trend is visible even now. When you begin planning your essay, you should always be able to state your thesis in is the worst of government essays a fairly straightforward way, based on your initial reading and research for the topic.

This sentence or two states your case. Broadly, your essay is the exposition and defence of that case: it shows the reader how, and why, you have arrived at those conclusions. To write a good essay, you must first decide what your central argument is going to be, and then plan your essay to develop that argument. Of course, as you write your first draft, you may find that the argument changes and develops in a direction you did not anticipate. Few writers are completely sure of their final conclusions before they begin drafting: the george shooting essay task of writing down and defending the general argument often reveals unanticipated problems, or challenges and changes your first thoughts, or leads you toward one interpretation more than another. Often, too, you might need to go back to your sources, read through some of george shooting the elephant your notes, or do some further reading to clarify and expand an emerging point.

However, the basic thrust and content of your argument or thesis should be clear enough to allow you to plan the giver stages of your argument before you begin drafting. Perhaps the george orwell the elephant essay single best way of ensuring a successful essay is having a good plan . The plan should lay out your argument, for instance in point form, and you can also use it to indicate where you will use certain items of evidence and supporting arguments. introduction: state the case for no: Martians have persistently respected their version of the essay natural environment, because natural environments are always viewed in a romanticised and idealised form explain the thrust of the argument : dispute recent discovery, my essay focuses on previous century to show that respect for environment is always based on historically variable assumptions and preconceptions about the elephant, beauty, usefulness and worth of nature explain idealisation/romanticisation of the natural environment (summarise Smith’s theory of phd thesis eecs idealisation, discuss paintings, use examples from Connor and george orwell the elephant, Jones) list and give examples of different idealisations of natural environment in the nineteenth century and show different assumptions about beauty and usefulness behind each one (use examples from berkeley phd thesis Green and shooting essay, Brown) show how these different ideals were sometimes contradictory or came into conflict (use example of forestry in Mars Forest) case study: the Martian garden legend (discuss the garden stories); argue that an environment under exploitation also increasingly romanticised (review the different interpretations of Green and Red, show why I think Green fits better with the evidence) summarise above points about previous century; what is respected in of living with essays the recent past: argue that this is another idealisation (evidence: Martian tourist brochures); conclusion: restate the case , and argue that understanding respect for natural environment always means analysing the idealisation of natural environments. In the short essays common in first year, your plan is likely to be less complex, and may only have four or five main points. As you progress into second and third year, you are expected to develop more sophisticated arguments, which makes good planning even more important. 6a. Introducing and developing the orwell shooting the elephant argument. In your introduction , you should state your case and, as in the example above, set out the basic structure of is the form of government your argument . You might also briefly summarise two or three of your main points.

If you have decided to adopt a particular focus (for instance, using case studies from a particular time or place, or narrowing the topic to concentrate on a particular theme), you should explain this in the introduction as well. Developing the argument : The example above shows how an argument is then developed towards its conclusion. Basically, each stage of your argument should be developed and orwell shooting, defended in turn, by test questions showing your interpretation of the appropriate evidence, by critically reviewing the orwell shooting the elephant work of other historians, and by using example, case study and explanation. A good way of thinking about this is to imagine that you are building your argument in blocks . Each paragraph is a block which builds your argument towards a conclusion. Each block is introduced and described, and test questions, then its place in the whole structure is shown.

Block 1: stage of the argument. On Mars in the 1850s, the beauty of nature was usually associated with wild, untouched landscapes. Painters rarely drew human figures. George Orwell Shooting. If there were humans, nature towered over them, as in essay Rembrandt’s Martian Mountains. In her book Environmental Perception on shooting the elephant, Mars, Joan Brown argues that painters in the 1850s focused on how nature was being conquered. However, Ash clearly shows that mid-nineteenth-century Martians usually depicted an idealised nature which was to advantages essays, be protected from the threats posed by civilisation. Block 2: next stage of the argument.

The most crucial changes occurred after the Martian titanium rushes of the george 1870s showed the potentially lucrative returns of mineral exploration and exploitation. Certainly, by the 1880s, most representations of the natural environment showed nature being tamed and civilised. Even mining sites appeared in nature paintings, and berkeley phd thesis, the work of orwell the elephant essay Joseph Smith is a good example of how even the most intensive forms of exploitation were represented as beneficial intrusion for the landscape. Block 3: brief summary, and introducing the next stage of the argument. By the 1880s, therefore, the idealised untouched nature of the 1850s had been invaded by humans, and an ideal natural landscape was now represented as one which was productive and bountiful. Humans did not threaten nature; they unleashed its potential. It was important for general Martians, Smith argued in essay 1883, to general tomosynthesis, feel relaxed and comfortable about the george orwell shooting past and future of the advantages essays Martian environment. George Essay. Yet representations of an ideal environment as one conquered and of living parents essays, populated by humans never completely replaced the older tradition of mourning the degradation of another form of ideal environment, the Martian garden. This alternative version became popular again in the 1890s. The body of the elephant your essay, therefore, uses evidence, examples and explanation to develop your case point by point.

Each paragraph has a point to make, and occasional summary sentences guide the reader through the argument. 6b. Using different kinds of evidence. In developing your case, you will need to democracy is the form, make decisions about the kinds of george essay sources you will refer to, and the best ways to use them. Sources can generally be defined into two broad types: primary or documentary sources (usually written at major writing jobs, the time by an eyewitness, direct participant or close observer) secondary or scholarly sources (usually interpretations and explanations written after the fact by the elephant essay someone analysing the primary or documentary sources) For example, a book containing the collected speeches of Charles de Gaulle is a primary source; an analysis of them by a political scientist or historian is a secondary source. An article in english major concentration jobs the Age of 30 June 1900 about the bubonic plague epidemic which affected Sydney during that year is a primary source; an article in the Age on 30 June 1990 discussing the impact of the epidemic on public health policy in Australia is a secondary source.

Broadly, the primary or documentary sources are the raw material used by historians , the subject of your argument, while the secondary or scholarly sources provide examples of how others have analysed and interpreted the problem or issue at the elephant essay, hand. The distinction is creative jobs, not hard and fast, and there will always be exceptions. For instance, if you are writing an essay about historians’ representations of the elephant race in Britain, the secondary sources of the historians are in fact your primary documentary source. In most essays, you will be expected to critically analyse the interpretations of other historians in this way. In any event, these different types of sources should both be read critically: analysed for their point of view, for advantages with parents the assumptions, ideas and understandings which inform them, and for the strategies writers use to advance their arguments. Don’t take anything on trust: be a critical reader of all kinds of sources and texts , and use your critical analysis of both primary and secondary sources in your essay. You also need to make decisions about how to use evidence: in the form of shooting essay quotation, or in the form of summarising. It is best to use quotation strategically and sparingly : quote phrases or passages which best illustrate the point you are trying to giver test, make, or which really help you give your reader the flavour of the evidence you are using. If you use a quotation, make sure it fits with the stage of the argument you are advancing. The Elephant. Refer to the language, analyse the assumptions or strategies it reveals.

In other words, use quotation when the actual words are the single best way of providing the persuasive against animal rights evidence and developing your case. George Shooting The Elephant Essay. If the quotation is less than about thirty words, combine it with your text, as in this example where I am quoting the following phrase which is test questions, not very long. George Orwell Essay. “You must always use quotation marks to indicate the separation between your words and the words of test questions someone else.” If it is longer than this, you should separate it from the shooting the elephant text, and indent it: This is an example of a much longer quote. It contains a few sentences, and needs to be distinguished from the body of the democracy is the form essays essay. When you are indenting a quote like this, note that you do not have to use quotation marks; as it is already separated, there is no need to indicate that by the use of such symbols. In general, use very little quotation from secondary or scholarly sources.

It is better to say what you mean in your own words, quoting another historian or interpreter only where the george orwell the elephant phrase is particularly wonderful or where you need to show precisely how that writer made their point in general electric order to criticise, defend or develop it. In all other cases, it is orwell essay, best to giver test questions, summarise. Write reflective summaries of what others have written, relating those interpretations to orwell shooting essay, your argument. You might find that the example paragraphs on the previous page gives you a more concrete idea of how a writer can use a mix of summary and direct quotation from general electric tomosynthesis different kinds of sources to develop their argument. In your conclusion, you should restate your case strongly and the elephant, clearly by english major creative summarising your main points. It is also possible to raise issues and problems in your conclusion, especially broader questions which are beyond the essay scope of your essay.

You might reflect on what your interpretation implies for is the form contemporary debates or discussions, write briefly about the broader implications of your position, or consider what your interpretations tells us about the role and nature of history itself. Use your conclusion to argue for the significance of your argument and your interpretation. Be careful, though: a poorly developed argument followed by sweeping speculations on orwell, the nature of the universe or the persuasive against human condition is orwell the elephant essay, unlikely to be either effective or convincing. Electric. Again, as you develop your skills in formulating, developing and shooting the elephant, defending arguments, you will also develop your ability to write more reflectively and to use essays to persuasive essay against animal rights, open up these kinds of complex questions. 7. Writing clearly and effectively. The best single rule is to always use clear expression: write simply and with clarity and avoid complex sentence constructions . Use definite, specific and george orwell essay, concrete language. Tomosynthesis. Don’t use unnecessary words, and make sure you understand the words you are using. Writing problems often occur when people try to use very complex language and syntax. A better idea is to establish a simple and orwell, clear style first, and then gradually develop more complex sentence forms and advantages with parents essays, means of expression. As you develop your writing skills, vary your sentence structures and george the elephant essay, lengths to advantages of living, add variety.

Short sentences often add emphasis to a particularly important point. Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors detract from an argument, whatever its quality: careful editing of george the elephant your draft is very important. It is phd thesis eecs, also important to use accurate language, which is one good reason for using non-discriminatory language. For instance, the george statement that men adapted themselves to these new conditions should lead any critical reader to berkeley phd thesis eecs, ask what women were doing at that time. It is a reasonable and accepted convention that all forms of public communication, including journalism, business language and academic writing, should use non-discriminatory language. There are at least five effective ways of improving your writing. Always read your own work.

what is my main idea, my contention, my argument? am I getting it across to the reader? Take responsibility for critically assessing your own writing . Look at the comments made on your previous essays, and work out whether this one repeats the george orwell shooting strengths and against animal rights, overcomes the weaknesses of your previous work. If you need to, speak to the person who assessed your work, and ask them for more guidance. Reading other writers. As you read, evaluate the styles of different writers.

What makes them more or less effective? What is most important to you as a reader, and what makes good writers better to george, read? Practice. Like any other set of skills, writing improves with practice and with constructive assessment, by yourself and by others. Read your own work out loud . You do not need to against animal, comprehend the rules of grammar or the intricacies of syntax to know when something sounds clumsy, or when a sentence needs punctuation, or when a long paragraph has completely lost its drift. Reading your draft out loud is also a good way to add variety and oomph to your language. If its boring you to tears, or if you have no idea what it means, it might be time for redrafting.

Let other people read what you write . It is particularly good to give your essay to someone who is not an george shooting essay, expert in persuasive essay animal the area you are writing about. Orwell. If it doesn’t make sense to them, your argument might need clarification. If they struggle to read it, you might need to edit more carefully. University teachers will not usually be able to read drafts of students work, but there are plenty of test essay questions other people who can give you feedback. Swap essays with fellow students. Get the people you live with to read them. Distribute them on buses.

8. Referencing Instructions for george the elephant Essays. Decisions about of living with essays, when to cite sources can be difficult. Effective referencing is another writing skill your university work aims to develop. The reader should, in theory, be able to retrace your steps in orwell shooting the elephant essay gathering evidence for general electric tomosynthesis your argument. In other words, you provide citations as a kind of road map that shows readers how you came to these conclusions, shows readers where you derived your information and, if relevant, shows readers where you derived the ideas or interpretations that you are paraphrasing, adopting or challenging. Therefore, you need to provide citations in the following instances: where you directly quote someone else’s words; where you are directly summarising someone else’s argument and george the elephant, ideas; where you are summarising arguments and ideas derived from advantages essays a number of sources; to point your readers to the source of information; to translate words or phrase in a foreign language that a reader cannot reasonably be presumed to understand.

In general, you need to provide sources for statements that are problematic or debatable in the context of your argument, or that a reasonably well-informed person would not be expected to george orwell essay, know. Again, the ability to successfully make these judgements is a skill you will develop with practice and experience. If you offer a translation of a word or phrase in a foreign language, the basis of with your decision should be whether a reader could reasonably be presumed to know the meaning of the phrase or word already. There is no need to translate coup d’etat or Sultan or Blitzkrieg, for instance. The use of citation to refer readers to the work of other writers is george orwell the elephant, occasionally useful, but for the most part, your citations refer only to books, articles and other material you have used directly.

Only cite information that you have actually looked at yourself, or: always SIGHT what you CITE . It is fine to use a second-hand reference (like a quotation or a summary in a book from a source to which you do not have access), but you should indicate that in your citation. An example of how to do this is provided in the next section. You can also use citations to clarify specific points, or add a small amount of additional information or supporting evidence. Essay Animal Rights. You should not use footnotes or endnotes as a sort of george shooting the elephant second argument, nor to provide paragraph after paragraph of general electric new information. George The Elephant Essay. If it is not important enough to put into the body of the essay, then leave it out. 8b. General Electric Tomosynthesis. Numbering and placement of footnote and endnote numbers. When providing footnotes or endnotes, number notes consecutively throughout the text.

Put these numbers at shooting, the end of sentences, if at all possible, and distinguish them from the text either by superscripting (raising above the giver test essay line) or placing them in brackets. George Shooting The Elephant Essay. If you use material from two different sources in the same sentence, it is often possible to combine the two citations in one footnote, using a semi-colon to separate them. Usually, you will refer to information or material at particular places in a larger work so you will need to show the page (p.) or pages (pp.) on which the material is located. This text produces the following footnotes: On Mars in the 1850s, the with ‘beauty’ of nature was usually associated with wild, untouched landscapes. Painters rarely drew human figures. If there were humans, nature towered over orwell shooting the elephant them, as in Rembrandt’s ‘Martian Mountains’. 1 In her book Environmental Perception on democracy worst, Mars , Joan Brown argues that “painters in the 1850s focused on the elephant, how nature was being conquered”. 2 However, Ash clearly shows that mid-nineteenth-century Martians respected an idealised nature which was to be kept separate from civilisation. 3. 1 K. Phd Thesis. Float (ed.), The Magical World of Ken Rembrandt , New York, 1965, p. 68.

2 Joan Brown, Environmental Perception on Mars , Sydney, 1995, p. 13. 3 Ann Ash, Joan Brown is orwell shooting the elephant, Wrong , Sydney, 1996, pp. 1-23. 8c. Citing different kinds of sources. The following rules should help you through most situations. The absolute rule is to be consistent. Inconsistency drives readers crazy, and of living, is not a good tactic when you are attempting to convince those readers of the orwell essay accuracy of your interpretations and arguments. There are also specific rules for the citation of classical texts like the Bible, the Koran and so on. If you are studying subjects in which these texts are used, your tutor will provide you with the information you need to general electric tomosynthesis, cite correctly.

Please note: Some areas of history, especially those published by the elephant European and English publishing houses (and now more often Australian publishers), follow the worst form conventions set out in the MHRA (Modern Humanities Research Association’s) Style Guide (available electronically at http://www.mhra.org.uk/Publications/Books/StyleGuide/download.shtml, see section 10.2.2). The guide differs to the above in that it adds the george orwell publisher to berkeley phd thesis eecs, the publication details, and is formatted differently. For example: Peter Burke, The European Renaissance: Centres and george orwell shooting, Peripheries (Oxford: Blackwell, 1998), pp. 54-56. It is now common practice to use full stops only where the abbreviation of the word does not contain the last letter of the word. So, editor becomes ed., but editors becomes eds. Doctor is Dr, but Professor is Prof.. Also, where an abbreviated title is questions, used very commonly, you do not need to put in full stops: for instance, ALP, ACTU or UNESCO . Primary or documentary material cited by george shooting another author.

If you need to refer to a quote or to a piece of evidence which you accessed in a secondary or scholarly source rather than the original source, use these examples as a guide: R. G. Menzies, speech in the House of Representatives, 23 March 1943, cited in Judith Brett, Robert Menzies Forgotten People, Melbourne 1992, p. 47. Berkeley. Letter from Lewis Mumford to Frederic Osborn, 2 April 1937, cited in Alison Ravetz, Remaking the Urban Environment, London 1980, pp. 148-9. The general rule is that if the original source is available, you should go to and use that original source, rather than borrowing your evidence from another writer.

Author of document (first name, last name), name of document (use italic or underline), in editor (ed.) or editors (eds), title of collection (use italics or underline), place and date of publication, page or pages. John of Salisbury, Policraticus , trans. J. Dickinson, in J.B. Ross and george shooting the elephant essay, M.M. McLaughlin (eds), The Portable Medieval Reader , Harmondsworth, 1977, pp. 251-2. (Note: ‘trans.’ is the abbreviation for ‘translated by’.) If your area of history follows the MHRA Style Guide , this item in your bibliography would follow the same convention outlined earlier, namely: John of Salisbury, Policraticus , trans.

J. Dickinson, in advantages parents The Portable Medieval Reader , ed. by J.B. Ross and orwell the elephant, M.M. Writing Concentration. McLaughlin (Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1977), pp. Shooting. 251- 2. If the document was not published but has a title (for instance, an unpublished paper or a speech or an article), use single inverted commas around the name of the document. If it was not published and has no title (a letter, for instance), there is no need for any marking. With Parents. For instance: Friederich Engels, ‘The evils of capitalism’, in K. Kharkov (ed.), The Collected Speeches of Engels , Moscow, 1954, pp. 23-8. Yves of Narbonne, letter to orwell shooting the elephant, Gerald of Mallemort, c. 1241, in Walter L. Wakefield and creative concentration, Austin P. Evans (eds), Heresies of the High Middle Ages , New York, 1991, pp.

185-7. If you are going to be using documents in archives, or other unpublished material, consult your tutor for assistance with citation rules. If you are referring to normal newspaper writing (news of events, editorials, and so on), you need only provide the name of the newspaper and the date: The Age , 25 April 1996. If you wish to george the elephant, refer to a specific article, usually by an invited contributor, or to a significant special feature (say, a four-page special report or a report in berkeley eecs a weekly magazine), use the orwell the elephant essay same format as for articles in journals or magazines. Author (first name, last name), title (use either italics or underline), place and date of publication, page (p.) or pages (pp.) of the information to which you are referring. So: Tim Bonyhady, The Colonial Earth , Melbourne, 2000, p. Giver Test. 13. These publication details are always on one of the first pages of the george orwell shooting the elephant essay book (and usually on the page after the main title page): these details list the publisher and english major writing concentration, the place of publication, and give other information, most of which you don’t need to provide (though see the note below). It is important to check if this is the first edition of the book, as subsequent editions may contain major revisions, which your reader will need to george orwell essay, know in order to follow your research trail.

If the book is a second or subsequent edition, put that information behind the title. Some further examples: Joanna Bourke, Dismembering the Male: Men’s Bodies , Britain and the Great War, London, 1996, pp. Questions. 98-104. John Kasson, Houdini, Tarzan, and the perfect man: the george orwell shooting essay white male body and the challenge of advantages with parents essays modernity in America , New York, 2001, p. 231. Thompson, Paul, The Voice of the Past: Oral History , 2nd ed., Oxford, 1988, pp. 53-76. Again, for those following the MHRA style of referencing (see above), the george orwell shooting essay publisher is included in the publication details. For example:

Peter Burke, The European Renaissance: Centres and Peripheries (Oxford: Blackwell, 1998), pp. 54-56. Place of publication is of living with parents, always a city or town, not a state, province, region, nation or continent. Author (first name, last name), title of george the elephant chapter (use single inverted commas around title, lower case), in editor (ed.) (or editors (eds)), title of book (use either italics or underline), place and date of publication, pages to which you are referring. Roger Cooter, ‘War and Modern Medicine’, in general electric W. F. Bynum Roy Porter (eds), Companion Encyclopedia of the History of Medicine , London, 1993, p. 156.

E. Zinkhan, ‘Louisa Albury Lawson: feminist and patriot’, in D. Adelaide (ed.), A Bright and Fiery Troop , Melbourne, 1988, 27-8. Estelle Freedman, ‘”Uncontrolled Desires”: The Response to the Sexual Psychopath, 1920-1960’, in Kathy Peiss Christina Simmons (eds), Passion and Power: Sexuality in History , Philadelphia, 1989, pp. 187-99. Please note: for shooting the elephant essay those following the MHRA Style Guide (see above), and are including the name of the publisher, a footnote reference would be styled like this example: Eve Salisbury, ‘ “Spare the phd thesis eecs Rod and george the elephant essay, Spoil the Child”: Proverbial Speech Acts, Boy Bishop Sermons, and Pedagogical Violence’, in essay questions Speculum Sermonis , ed. by Georgiana Donavin, Cary J. Nederman, and Richard Utz (Turnhout: Brepols, 2004), pp. 141-55 (p. 153).

(Here ‘pp. George Orwell Shooting The Elephant Essay. 141-55’ indicate the page span of Salisbury’s contribution to the volume, and form of government essays, the bracketed ‘(p. 153)’ indicates the specific page reference.) Articles in journals or magazines. Author (first name, last name), title of article (use single inverted commas around title, lower case), title of george orwell shooting essay journal or magazine (use either italics or underline), volume or number, year of publication, pages covered by general the article, specific page(s) to which you are referring. Phil Scraton, ‘Policing with Contempt: The Degrading of Truth and Denial of Justice in the Aftermath of the george shooting essay Hillsborough Disaster”, Journal of Law and persuasive rights, Society , vol. 26, 1999, pp. Essay. 273-97, p. 275. Emily K. Abel, ‘Valuing Care: Turn-of-the-Century Conflicts between Charity Workers and Women Clients’, Journal of Women’s History , vol.

10, 1998, pp. Essay Animal. 32-52, pp. George Orwell The Elephant. 34-5. You will find information about volume number on the title page of each journal. If there is against animal rights, both a volume and george orwell essay, an issue number, just the volume number will usually do (for instance, American Historical Review , 102 (1995), or Australian Historical Studies , 26 (1994-5)). Most journals continue numbering pages throughout one volume, even if that volume has several separate issues or numbers.

So a reference would read: Katherine Lowe, ‘Elections of Abbesses and Notions of Identity in Fifteenth- and Sixteenth-Century Italy, with Special Reference to Venice’, Renaissance Quarterly , 54 (2001), 389-429 (p. 390). Director (last name, first name), dir, Name of the film (use either italics or underline), year of release. Hicks, Scott, dir, Shine , 1996. Hitchcock, Alfred, dir, The Birds , 1963. Name of the program (in single inverted commas) and, if this program is part of giver a series, the specific title of the program and the name of the series (use either italics or underline), location of the program, date of the program. Aboriginal Land Rights: A Special Report, ABC Radio National, 11 December 2002.

Interview with John Howard, 3LO, 8 February 2003. ‘Golly Gee, I’m Interviewing a Famous Person’, Sixty Minutes , Nine Network, 13 February 2001. ‘The Reckoning’, The Frontier House , ABC Television, 27 April 2003. Author of the document (if known), name of the orwell essay document (if relevant), date of the document (if known), at full WWW address, date on which you accessed the test questions page. ‘Social Conditions in Seventeenth-Century France’, at http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/17france-soc.html, accessed 31 March 2003. ‘Suffragists Picketing the White House, January 1917’ (photograph), at http://teachpol.tcnj.edu/amer_pol_hist/thumbnail291.html, access 17 April 2003.

Sojourner Truth, Narrative of Sojourner Truth, a Northern Slave, Emancipated from george orwell shooting the elephant Bodily Servitude by the State of New York, in 1828 (1850), at http://docsouth.unc.edu/neh/truth50/truth50.html, accessed 16 April 2003. Using Resources From the general tomosynthesis Internet and WWW. While there are some very useful sites for historians, including homepages describing research, or containing documents, photographs and interpretive materials, or providing primary documents like speeches, transcripts or debates, you need to be as critical and careful in your use of WWW resources as in george shooting the elephant essay your use of persuasive essay animal any other kind of george orwell the elephant essay evidence . A good deal of the electric material on the web is shooting essay, not ‘screened’ in any way: it is not edited, reviewed by others, or subject to any control. This is its greatest strength and its greatest weakness as a medium, and makes the task of critically assessing and using sources even more important. For the citation, you need to give your reader enough information so that they can easily locate your source: in this case, the full web site information. You also need to tell your reader when you accessed the page: because web pages are updated, the information may have changed location or been removed.

In fact, it is a good idea to english major jobs, print out a copy of the george shooting page(s) you are using: you can use them more easily, and you have a copy of the information should it subsequently disappear from the web. Citing something for the second time: use of abbreviations and short titles. Once you have given full information in democracy form of government essays the first footnote, you should use abbreviations and orwell, short titles to refer to the same source again. Major Creative Writing Concentration Jobs. What will usually suffice is the authors last name and a short title (i.e. the the elephant essay first few significant words of the title, as below). General Tomosynthesis. Ibidem (always abbreviate as Ibid.) indicates in orwell shooting the elephant essay the place just described, but it must follow directly from the previous citation. 1 Joanna Bourke, Dismembering the Male: Men’s Bodies, Britain and the Great War , London, 1996, pp. 98-104. 3 Roger Cooter, ‘War and Modern Medicine’, in general tomosynthesis W. F. Bynum Roy Porter (eds), Companion Encyclopedia of the History of Medicine , London, 1993, p. 156.

4 Bourke, Dismembering the Male , pp. 126-9. 5 Cooter, ‘War and Modern Medicine’, p. Orwell Shooting The Elephant Essay. 158. In endnote 6, the information is contained on the same page as endnote 5, and berkeley eecs, therefore you do not need to repeat the page number. Again, keep in mind the principle of giving the reader the amount of george orwell information they would need to find the democracy worst form essays material for themselves.

There may be particular conventions which you should observe for george essay particular units: you will be provided with these where necessary. In general, historians do not use the electric Harvard referencing system. Archaeology students, whose discipline does employ this system when referencing, should follow the norms of history referencing when writing history essays. Similarly, history students should use the Harvard referencing system when writing archaeology essays. Students need to george orwell the elephant essay, be aware that in archaeology/ancient history a variety of styles is used: Harvard, Oxford and MHRA. Students in essay animal the Centre for Archaeology and Ancient History must be able to use all of them correctly; they also use unpublished materials of the types outlined for history and reference them in footnotes. In the end, it is george orwell shooting essay, a matter of communicating your understanding of your evidence in the style appropriate for your discipline and worst of government, task. Unit coordinators will advise you if you are unsure. 9. Forming a bibliography and an annotated bibliography. Your essay should include a bibliography of all sources. If you have used a wide variety of different types of sources, it is helpful to put them into different sections: for orwell the elephant instance, the documents or texts (primary sources) you have used might be separated from the historical scholarship (secondary sources).

In general, follow the same conventions described above with the exception that authors’ surnames precede their forenames/initials to allow for easier alphabetisation (as in the example below). Essay Against. List your sources alphabetically within each section. However, you do not need to include the page numbers for george the elephant specific information or citations in persuasive essay animal your bibliography. Films, television and radio shows and documents from web sites should be included: if there is no author, put them at the front of the list and order them alphabetically by title. Orwell Shooting. Newspapers should be listed, but you do not need to provide the dates.

Note: those following the is the form of government essays MHRA conventions will include the shooting publisher’s name, along with slightly different formatting, as given in examples above (e.g. Burke, Peter, The European Renaissance: Centres and Peripheries (Oxford: Blackwell, 1998)). Contemporary documents and texts. John of Salisbury, Policraticus , trans. J. Dickinson, in J.B. Ross and M.M. McLaughlin (eds), The Portable Medieval Reader, Harmondsworth, 1977. Truth, Sojourner, Narrative of Sojourner Truth, a Northern Slave, Emancipated from Bodily Servitude by the State of New York, in 1828 (1850), at http://docsouth.unc.edu/neh/truth50/truth50.html, accessed 16 April 2003. The Birds, dir. Alfred Hitchcock, 1963.

‘The Reckoning’, The Frontier House, ABC Television, 27 April 2003. Abel, Emily K., ‘Valuing Care: Turn-of-the-Century Conflicts between Charity Workers and democracy is the worst of government essays, Women Clients’, Journal of Women’s History, vol. 10, 1998, pp. 32-52. Kasson, John, Houdini, Tarzan, and the Perfect Man: The White Male Body and the Challenge of Modernity in America, New York, 2001.

All sources which you have used in order to orwell the elephant, assist your interpretation of your evidence (the historical scholarship, or secondary sources), should be annotated, when an annotated bibliography is required in the unit. Annotation tells the reader what role a particular source played in developing your argument. A statement of two or three sentences is usually ample. For instance: Joanna Bourke, Dismembering the Male: Men’s Bodies, Britain and the Great War, London, 1996. Bourke’s argument about the changing meaning of ‘disability’ provided a very important perspective on the links between wartime and postwar debates over masculine vulnerability.

Her interpretation of english major creative what ‘shell-shock’ taught doctors about manhood was particularly valuable for my argument, as was her discussion of dress reform movements during the essay 1920s. One of the most important skills in effective communication is formatting and presenting your work in ways which help rather than hinder your reader. The impression of clarity, fluency and organisation created by advantages with essays good formatting is orwell the elephant essay, very important; conversely, a good essay written without regard for the eye as well as the mind is an ineffective piece of essay against animal communication. Some general guidelines: observe the word length, or at least a margin of error of about 10 per cent: one of the skills of writing is to write to a target, and to tailor your argument to suit the shooting essay demands of that target. A short 1500 word essay on wartime politics in Nazi Germany or criminality in nineteenth-century Australia is meant to be a short essay, not a major thesis. Adapt your case, and essay against, the ground you will cover, so that you can write something effective and convincing within the word length; include a word count with your essay. type, print or handwrite the essay on one side of the paper only, using standard A4 paper, and number each page. For essays of 1500 words or more, it is reasonable for your tutor to expect a typed or printed copy, though handwriting is fine for shorter exercises; double or one-and-a-half spacing is required, because it leaves more room for comments and george essay, corrections; leave a 4cm margin on the left hand side, and a 1.5cm margin on the right, again for comments and ease of reading. Ensure that you use at essay rights, least a 12-point font. George Orwell Shooting The Elephant Essay. attach a cover sheet (standard cover sheets are available in the pigeonholes under the counter of the School of giver questions Historical Studies’ General Office, W604).

You must tick all the orwell essay boxes on the reverse side of the cover sheet before signing off under the general tomosynthesis plagiarism and collusion statement on the front of the sheet. ensure that your essay stays together: staples, paper clips, a plastic folder, whatever (we do not grade essays by weight, so go easy on the elephant, the staples).