Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Harvard essay analysis

Harvard essay analysis

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Harvard Business School Essay Analysis: 2016–2017 - GMAT

Harvard essay analysis

Write My Research Paper -
HBS Essay Analysis 2013: Harvard - GMAT Club

You find essay writing difficult? We understand your struggles! You have to be a “grand plan” writer if you want to handle all academic projects on time. Essay. Your professors impose various essay assignments, term papers, case studies, research papers, lab reports, business plans, and other types of projects that you have to handle within limited time. If you don’t get enough time to read relevant sources, make notes and movie make a detailed plan before you start writing, you won’t have a complete picture of the project. That will result with superficial content that fails to impress. Essay. Your professors request different types of assignments, but don’t bother giving you instructions on american essayist and social hl mencken how to complete them. It takes a lot of harvard analysis, practice to become a skilled academic writer, but you are left with several projects and no idea on how to soil and water tackle them. Harvard Essay Analysis. It’s understandable why many students wonder “can I get someone to essayist and social critic hl mencken write my paper?” When you don’t have the needed base of harvard essay analysis, knowledge and experience in academic writing, it’s simply impossible to tackle all assignments you get. What can you do when you cannot complete academic projects? First of all, you should understand that it’s important to evaluate the situation.

Identify your strengths and apa style weaknesses and think whether or not you will be capable to harvard analysis write the paper on time. If you realize that you don’t get the soil and water essays topic or you simply don’t want to write the content, then you have few possible solutions: ? You can find a “writing buddy” – a friend or family member who is always willing to essay help when you get stuck. Apa Style Format For Thesis. Due to the complexity and length of the papers you have to complete, you shouldn’t be surprised if no one is honored to take that role. ? You can ignore the task or beg your professor to extend the deadline. Clearly, you can’t achieve great results with procrastination. ? Buy research paper, essay, case study, or any other type of project you need from an online service. You cannot risk delegating the assignment to writers who are incapable of meeting your requirements. When you entrust your projects to RushAnEssay.com, you can feel safe knowing that great results are guaranteed! What makes RushAnEssay.com better than other essay writing services?

Students who encounter our website for the first time usually ask: “why should I hire you to write my essay?” That’s a fair question! You surely want to rely on a service that protects you with strong guarantees and ensures your ultimate satisfaction. Allow us to explain what makes us the best choice among competitive writing services. ? We can complete any academic project, regardless of the harvard essay deadline you set. The team of writers we have assembled has the capacity to cope with short deadlines and complex requirements. ? Speaking of the this i believe essays amazon writing team, we ensure you that the best essay writers in the industry work for us. They have all obtained MA or PhD degrees from some of the essay analysis most reputable universities in English-speaking countries. We always pair the essays amazon projects with writers who hold a relevant degree. Although their education enables them to tackle the topics from an expert’s point of view, that’s not their only advantage. Our team members are also trained and analysis talented writers who produce extraordinary content. ? When you decide to get research paper help from an online service, you have specific requirements and soil and water essays expect the writer to follow them. At RushAnEssay.com, you will receive custom-writing assistance. Our work always results with 100% unique content constructed according to the detailed requirements of the customers.

Rest assured that you won’t be submitting plagiarized content when you rely on our essay help. ? We offer strong guarantees that will make you feel safe. We will never share your private information with third parties. ? Since the writer will adjust their tone and style to analysis suit your requirements, your professors will never know you’ve been ordering papers online. ? We have a 24/7 customer support system. You can feel free to contact a representative at any time; we will never make you wait! You’ll get the and water essays highest quality for the lowest price at essay, our website! Students are always concerned about the price when they decide to amazon hire a paper writing service.

At RushAnEssay.com, we have tailored an harvard analysis, affordable pricing system that determines the american final cost according to the chosen product, number of pages, deadline, and preferred quality level. You will notice that our quotes per page are lower when compared to other websites. However, that doesn’t mean the essay quality of our products is affected in and water essays, any way. Each custom essay completed by our writers meets the essay highest standards of and water essays, quality in the industry. You’ll be even happier when you find out that we also offer a beneficial discount program. Harvard. New and returning customers can always save money when purchasing essays at american, our website! It’s really easy to harvard order papers online! Did you think you would face an unresponsive system and c++ a lot of stress when ordering academic content online? That won’t happen when you choose RushAnEssay.com to be your partner! ? The first step of the process involves an harvard essay, order form. You will need to complete it with all details about the essay writing help you want to get. ? Once we get your order, we will find the essays most suitable writer from our team to work on it.

Your writer will accept your collaboration and additional instructions whenever you want to contact them through the direct messaging system. ? We always complete the essay analysis content on time! Rest assured that the deadline you set will not be violated! Your satisfaction is guaranteed when you order papers at and social hl mencken wrote, RushAnEssay.com! If you don’t like the content delivered by our research paper writing service, we will revise it for essay, free no matter how many times you ask for amendments. Since we provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee, we enable each customer to ask for improvements until they get the expected results. Our Money Back Guarantee is the greatest protection you could ever get. Don’t hesitate to rely on soil essays us and harvard order essays online.

Your life will become much easier when you start collaborating with expert writers.

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Harvard Business School MBA Essay Analysis | Ivy MBA Consulting

Physics coursework – marked A* (60/64marks) When an harvard essay, object falls, many forces are acted upon it: gravity, friction, air resistance and, if in the water, up thrust. When an object starts to fall, gravity over powers air resistance, however, as an object starts to reach terminal velocity (its maximum speed) the opposite forces start to even out until they are equal. Some people believe that if the forces are balanced then the object has stopped moving, meanwhile they could also just be moving at a constant speed (its terminal velocity). All free-falling objects accelerate at the same speed no matter what their mass is (9. 8m/s? ). We will write a custom essay sample. on Physics coursework – marked A* (60/64marks) or any similar. topic specifically for you. There are two calculations you need for essays about who has life this investigation, no matter which factor you investigate and they are the equations to work out speed and acceleration.

Speed = Distance Travelled Time Taken Acceleration = Change in Velocity Time Taken Many people believe that speed and essay, velocity is exactly the same thing but they are wrong; speed is just a number, but velocity has direction too. Velocity is stanford, sometimes a more useful measure of motion, because it describes both the speed and direction of an harvard essay analysis, object, e. g. velocity = 30m/s due north. Meanwhile, acceleration is definitely not the same as velocity or speed. Acceleration is the change in and social wrote, velocity in a certain amount of harvard essay, time. The factors affecting the terminal velocity of a falling object include: its mass, its surface area, the and water essays, viscosity of analysis, a liquid and the height of where the object is dropped. In his First Law, Newton explained the essays about someone, effect of a net force, greater than zero, upon an object at rest. In his Second Law, Newton explains the effect of a force upon a moving object and the relationship between acceleration, force, and the mass of an object Isaac Newton’s Second Law of Motion (F=ma) explains the relationship between force and acceleration in essay analysis, motion. The application of force on an object causes an acceleration of essays about, that object.

Yet, force is analysis, not the only factor in the movement, or acceleration of an object. The two main influences on the acceleration of an. Page 2 Physics coursework – marked A* (60/64marks) Essay. object are net force and soil and water, mass. Essay Analysis? For example, net force is directly proportional to acceleration while mass is inversely proportional to acceleration. In other words, net force- the force that has overcome friction and accelerates an object- is directly linked to acceleration; the more force you have, the soil and water essays, faster an object goes. Other factors such as the friction, air or fluid resistance, and pressure effect the acceleration as well.

All of these factors do not work against or in accordance with acceleration in the same way. [1] One factor that can affect the motion of a falling object is harvard essay analysis, its mass. Mass is a measure of this amazon, how much stuff is in an object. [2] If the harvard, mass is greater, the object will fall fast because there is a stronger gravitational pull on the object, meaning that it will hit the ground quicker than an object with a smaller mass. However, this is only true for objects falling in a space with air. And Water Essays? When you neglect air resistance, all objects fall at essay analysis, the same rate. Feather, bowling ball, dead body — all fall at the same rate.

However, in the real world, you generally don’t get to neglect air resistance unless you’re in space or your falling object is essays, dense and doesn’t fall far. In the real world, as things fall they accelerate, first at harvard essay, 9. 8 m/s? but as they speed up the rate of acceleration slows and it’s finally zero at terminal velocity. What really matters is the ratio of air resistance to weight/mass. If you reduce the i believe amazon, weight of something, but its size and shape remain the analysis, same, and then it will fall slower than before. If you increase its weight but its shape and format, size remain the same (i. Harvard Essay? e. its density increases), then it will fall faster. If you increase its weight and size, then it could fall faster or slower or the same – it depends on the specifics. But in general, if the density remains the same (i. Stanford Opencourseware C++? e. it’s made of the same stuff), and the shape remains the same, the essay, larger (and heavier) it is, the faster it will fall. This is because the this essays amazon, weight increases as the cube of the size of an object, but the air resistance (drag) only increases as the square of the size, so the bigger the analysis, object is, the faster it will fall (or to be more precise, it has a higher terminal velocity. ) The surface area can affect the motion of the essayist and social, falling object because it is has more air resistance pushing against it. Because there is more air resistance pushing against a larger object, it will fall so because it is making the downward force (gravity) weaker since there is harvard essay, now a larger force counteracting that first force. An object with a larger surface area will fall slower (have a smaller velocity) because it means there is a large area for air to come into contact with to produce that counteracting force called air resistance. Another factor that can affect the motion of a falling object is the viscosity of the times ratings, liquid that it is essay, falling through.

Viscosity of liquid means how thick the liquid is. The higher the viscosity of the liquid, the i believe, more the liquid resists the object which is falling through it. This means that it will take a longer amount of analysis, time for essayist and social critic hl mencken wrote the object to fall; meaning the velocity of the object will be very small. A further factor that can affect the harvard essay, motion of this i believe essays amazon, a falling object is the height from which the harvard essay, object is about someone who has impacted your life, dropped from. Analysis? Obviously, if an object is this i believe amazon, dropped from a greater height, it will take longer to reach the ground than the same object to essay reach the ground if it is a few centimetres away from it. This graph shows how as the height of where the object is drop from decreases, the time taken for the object to hit the ground decreases as well.

There are more factors that can affect the motion of and water, a falling object; however these four that I have included in my scientific knowledge are the four main ones. Preliminary Tests Preliminary experiments are used to harvard essay ascertain what materials used and why, what ranges we will have and soil and water essays, why, and what variables there are and harvard analysis, how they can be controlled. Ratings? There are many factors affecting the rate of a falling object, however the three main ones are as follows: 1. Weight of the object (mass or gravity). 2. Surface area of the object or its’ parachute surface area. Essay Analysis? 3. Viscosity of the material it is falling through. There are two methods that are available to us at american essayist, school: the Parachute method, and the Ball Bearing method.

The Parachute method involves dropping an essay analysis, object with a parachute attached to it and timing how long it takes to hit the ground; while the Ball Bearing method involves dropping a metal ball into a measuring cylinder full of glycerol and timing how long it takes to reach a certain point. I am going to use the Parachute method because it is a quicker method and the science department at our school have an endless list of the supplies needed for it. Meanwhile, I am not using the Ball Bearing method because we as a school have a very limited supply of glycerol and times, we cannot remove the ball bearing very easily afterwards. There are two variables (factors) we are able to investigate, and essay analysis, they are mass and format, surface area. For mass I would be dropping the same size parachute every time, however I would be increasing/decreasing the harvard essay analysis, mass on the end of the i believe essays amazon, parachute- for me this would be by adding blue tack to the ping pong ball which is harvard essay analysis, attached to the end of the parachute by apa style format for thesis, string. On the other hand, for surface area I would be keeping the mass of the harvard analysis, object the same every time, but I would be increasing/decreasing the size of the parachute I am using – for me this would be by cutting the parachute down by so many centimetres after one set of stanford opencourseware, tests. I am personally going to investigate how the surface area of the parachute affects the motion of a falling object because it is more time efficient and we do not have enough supplies in the science department to investigate how mass affects the motion. Time or average velocity? There are two ways in which I could measure the rate of the falling object: time or average velocity. I am going to measure the rate of the falling object in velocity so that I can get a more accurate measurement for the motion of the harvard essay, falling object.

I will do this by timing how long it takes for the parachute to hit the ground. Then divide the stanford c++, height from which I dropped it from by the time it took to reach the ground (Velocity = Distance ? Time). In every practical there are variables: independent, dependent and controlled. My independent variable is the concentration of the alkali I use, because the independent variable is the harvard essay, one that you will alter throughout my experiment. [4] Meanwhile, my dependent variable is the difference in temperature after the alkali has been added to the acid, so that we can find out how much energy has been released, because the dependent variable is the variable that you measure. [5] The controlled variables are the ones that you try to keep constant throughout your experiment so that they don’t affect your experiment to insure that all of the texts have an equal chance of working properly and all the tests have been done fairly. For Thesis? [6] Control How Will I Keep it the Same? Why am I Keeping it the Same?

The height from where I drop the parachute. Analysis? I will make sure the same person drops all of the stanford opencourseware, parachutes for each test so that it is dropped from the same height every time. Also, we will make sure that we are dropping it in the same place every time so that if there are any obstructions e. g. chairs/doors/tables, they will be there for every test so it is fair. I am keeping this the same because if any parachutes are dropped from a higher/lower point than the rest, the tests will not be very reliable since we would be changing more than just the surface area. The mass of the object attached to harvard analysis the parachute. Times Movie? I will keep this the same by using the same ping pong ball every time by just removing the strings from the parachute and harvard essay analysis, attaching it to the next. That way there will be the same amount of string and sticky tape on it as well. I am keeping this the same because if any parachutes have a greater/smaller mass than the rest, the tests will not be reliable since we would be changing more than just the surface area. The material used for the parachute.

I will keep this the same by apa style for thesis, starting with the biggest sized parachute and then cut that parachute down to the next size, instead of using another bag. I am keeping this the same because enough though the black bin bags may be made by the same company, we cannot be definitely sure. Also, each black bin bag, even if they are from the same company, they may have different amounts. of polymers in the bags meaning one may be stronger than the other. Before I complete my real tests for my investigation, I had to do some preliminary tests to determine what range of surface areas to use, whether to have support/structure in my parachutes, what height to drop the parachutes from, and where I should drop the parachutes from. The first test I did was to determine what range of harvard, surface areas I should use, and these were the results from the tests: Surface Area Time taken to times movie ratings reach the ground (Seconds) Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Average 400cm2 (20cm by 20cm) 1. 45 1. 25 1. 13 1. 276 900cm2 (30 cm by 30cm)

1. 90 2. 00 1. 81 1. 905 3600cm2 (60cm by 60 cm) 2. 57 3. 03 2. 47 2. 690 4900cm2 (70cm by 70cm) 3. 11 3. 04 3. Harvard Essay Analysis? 27 3. 140 After doing these pre-tests, I decided to use a range of 30cm by 30 cm and 60 by 60cm for the surface area, and therefore testing 900cm2, 1600cm2, 2500cm2, and 3600cm2 for my real experiments. I have decided to tests this range of surface areas because it gives us a large time frame in which the this i believe essays, parachutes can fall, also if we test any parachutes that are over 3600cm2 it will take too long to tests the parachutes and do repeats for each test if say any of the results we get are outliers. I have decided to use parachutes without structure/support because after timing how long I will take to make just one parachute, it will take too much time for us to do it seeing as it took me 15 minutes to essay analysis make just one parachute and we would need to make four. Meanwhile, I have also decided to drop the parachutes off of a sturdy table in our classroom other than down stairs or out of a window. Soil And Water? This is analysis, because if we drop it down stairs if could easily get caught and we would need someone to keep going up and down the stairs to get the parachute.

Not only would this take a very long time, but it could also be quite dangerous. I have also decided not to soil and water essays drop it out of a window because it could again take too long, get caught and could be dangerous to keep going up and down the stairs. Another reason why I am not going to drop the parachutes out of a window is harvard essay analysis, because the wind could have an effect on how fast/ slow the parachute falls. Prediction I predict that if I increase the surface area of the parachute by a factor of 2, the velocity will decrease by a factor of soil, 0. 2 (for example if the surface area of 1000cm2 had a velocity of 1 m/s then the surface area of analysis, 2000cm2 would be 0. 8 m/s). Hypothesis I predict this because the bigger the surface area of the parachute, the slower the velocity that it will fall. This is because there are larger surfaces for air resistance to come into soil and water, contact which, and harvard essay analysis, as a result slowing it down by increasing gravity’s opposing force.

Equipment Name of Equipment What I Will Use it For Why I am Using this Instead of Another Piece of Equipment Black Bin Bags I will use the black bin bags to soil and water make the parachute cover where it catches the air to make the harvard essay analysis, parachute slow down while falling. I am using this rather than normal plastic bags that you get from supermarkets because they are bigger and stronger that the plastic bags. You are able to ratings cut it to the correct shape easily. Analysis? Also, plastic bags sometime have holes in the bottom where they are pulled out of soil and water essays, a machine which could have an effect on how the parachute falls, and it would make it more difficult to work out the correct surface area. String I will use the essay analysis, string to attach the ping pong ball to the parachute cover made out of black bin bags. I am using string rather than thread purely because it is strong than thread, so is essays, less likely to break during the experiments. Ping Pong/Table Tennis Ball I will use the ping pong ball as my object which is falling. I am using this rather than a ball bearing because it is lighter and due to the mass of the essay analysis, ball bearing, when it falls it could damage the floor or hit someone and i believe essays, cause injury while it is falling. Also, I am not using the ball bearing because where the mass is very high, it will fall a lot quicker and I may not get a real difference between the results for my tests. Sticky Tape I will use the sticky tape to secure the end of the string so that they do not unravel and split.

I will also use it to make sure the string is secure to the parachute cover and harvard essay, the ping pong ball so that my parachute does not break during my experiments. Apa Style Format For Thesis? I am going to use sticky tape rather than bluetack because It is harvard essay analysis, stronger and less likely to and water come off. Also, bluetack can be quite expensive so it would be a waste to use it on the experiment when sticky tape is cheaper and stronger. Stopwatch I will use the stopwatch to time how long it takes for the parachute to reach the ground, so that I can then work out the velocity of the parachute. I am going to use a stopwatch because it is essay analysis, able to measure to 0. 1 of a second. Calculator I will use the calculator at essays, the end of the harvard essay analysis, experiments to work out the average results and to work out the velocity and the velocity average of the parachutes. I am going to use a calculator because it would be quicker and easier to work out the average results and to work out the velocity and the velocity average of the parachutes than having to work them out using mental mathematics. Times Movie? Meter Stick I will use the meter stick to measure out how big I need to cut the parachute to the closest mm and to make sure that all the parachute sides are straight. I am going to use a meter stick rather than a ruler because a ruler only measure to 30cm and essay analysis, that is the size of the small parachute. Tape Measure I will use the tape measure to measure out the height from where I need to drop the this i believe amazon, parachutes.

I am not using a meter stick to do this because it is too short to reach the essay analysis, ceiling from the floor. Also, there is a gap before 0cm and after 100cm so if you did put the meter stick to measure something, it would be higher than it actually said. Meanwhile, a tape measure is long enough because it goes to 4 meters long and it is flexible so we would get the correct measurement. Pen I will use a pen to mark out where I need to cut the parachute to the correct size. I am going to use a pen rather than a pencil. This is because the pencil marks are hard to see on the black bin bags, while pen is very noticeable.

Scissors I will use the scissors to cut out the parachute so that it has the correct surface area for my test. Essays Who Has Impacted Your? I am going to use scissors rather than a scalpel knife because we do not have big enough mats to go under the bin bag while we are cutting it so that we do not cut the harvard analysis, surface underneath. Also, scissors are not as sharp, so are less likely to cause injury to someone. Hole Puncher I will use the times ratings, hole puncher to make a hole in each of the corners of the harvard, parachutes to attach the string to it. American And Social Critic Wrote? I am going to use a hole punch rather than a pencil or scissors to harvard essay make these holes because this way they will all be the same size and will minus the this i believe amazon, same amount of surface area off of each parachute. Risk Assessment Hazard Risk How to reduce the risk Any other comments Black Bin Bag Can cause suffocation Keep the bin bags away from people’s faces, so carry them down at your sides rather than in analysis, the air. Scissors You could cut yourself or somebody else. When walking around the room keep the this amazon, scissors fold up and point the blades to the ground while gripping them with your fist.

If you or somebody else does get cut by essay analysis, the scissors report it to the teacher who is supervising and then seek medical attention. Stools You could trip over essays about who has impacted a stool and hurt yourself. Make sure the stools and essay, chairs are all tucked under the table. Make sure you are standing at all times during the experiment. If you do trip and fall, tell the teacher and if it is serious seek medical attention. Bags You could trip over a bag and hurt yourself. Make sure you have either put your bag under your desk or on the coat pegs. If you do trip and this i believe amazon, fall, tell the essay analysis, teacher and essays impacted, if it is serious seek medical attention. Table You could fall off it while dropping the parachutes. Make sure the table is harvard, sturdy before you get on it and stand in the middle of the table with your arms over the edge.

Also, have someone behind and in front of the table to catch you if you do fall. If any accidents do occur, seek medical attention immediately. Method 1) Draw out soil and water essays, results tables so that while doing the experiment you can record the results and gather all the equipment needed. 2) Make sure your area you are going to work in is clear so that nothing gets damaged and so that you can have as much room as possible. Also this way you will not get in the way of anyone else doing their experiment. 3) Carry out all safety precautions to stop any injuries or accidents occurring. 4) Cut the harvard analysis, bin bag so that it is open in one big sheet. Times Movie Ratings? 5) Measure out 60cm by 60cm on the bin bag using a meter stick and mark it out using a pen. Harvard? 6) Cut out the square using a pair of essays about someone impacted life, scissors.

7) Punch one hole in each corner of the square two centimetres in using a hole puncher. 8) Cut four pieces of analysis, string all to the same length of 20cm. 9) Wrap each end of the strings in 1cm of soil and water, sticky tape to ensure the string does not unravel. 10) Tie all of the pieces of string together at harvard essay, one end. 11) Wrap the ping pong ball in string like you would a parcel (shown below) 12) Attach the four pieces of string to the ping pong ball by cutting one piece of 3cm length string and times movie ratings, tying both together. 13) Wrap the ping pong ball with 3 pieces of 5cm length sticky tape making sure you cover where the four strings are attached. Harvard? 14) Thread one end of the four strings threw each of the holes in stanford c++, the corners of the parachutes. 15) Attach them to the parachutes by harvard analysis, taping them down with 2cm of sticky tape. 16) Check that the parachute is all secure and nothing is going to amazon fall off or break. 17) Stand on a sturdy table making sure you take the safety precautions while doing so.

18) Hold two of the parachutes edges so that it is open, and hold it to the ceiling. 19) Drop the parachute and time how long it takes for it to reach the ground. 20) Record the timing. 21) Repeats the drops three times so that you can calculate the average results and you are able to stop any outliers. 22) If there are any outliers repeat the harvard essay, test a further time. 23) Repeat this method for i believe essays the rest of the parachutes, however to make sure you are using the same material use the parachute you just dropped to make the smaller one by cutting that and re-attaching the ping pong ball by keeping the strings the same and just add new sticky tape. Results Surface Area Time taken to reach to ground (Seconds) Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Average 900cm2 (30 cm by 30 cm) 1. Essay Analysis? 8 2. 1 1. 9 . 1. 93 1600cm2 (40 cm by 40 cm) 2. 3 2. 6 2. Times Movie Ratings? 4 . 2. 43 2500cm2 (50 cm by harvard analysis, 50 cm) 2. 9 3. 1 2. 8 . 2. Apa Style Format? 93 3600cm2 (60cm by 60 cm) 3. 7 3. 7 3. Harvard Essay Analysis? 6 . 3. 6 Surface Area Velocity (until the next three numbers are ‘0’) Test 1 Test 2.

Test 3 Average 900cm2 (30 cm by 30 cm) 1. Movie? 422222222222220 1. 219047619047620 1. 347368421052630 1. 329546087440820 1600cm2 (40 cm by harvard essay, 40 cm) 1. 113043478260870 0. 984615384615385 1. Essays? 066666666666670 1. Harvard? 054775176514310 2500cm2 (50 cm by 50 cm) 0. 882758620689655 0. Stanford Opencourseware C++? 825806451612903 0. Essay? 914285714285714 0. 874283595529424 3600cm2 (60cm by 60 cm) 0. 691891891891892 0. 691891891891892 0. 711111111111111 0. 698298298298298 Surface Area Velocity (m/s) Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Average 900cm2 (30 cm by 30 cm) 1. 422 1. 219 1. 347 1. 330 1600cm2 (40 cm by 40 cm) 1. 113 0. 985 1. 067 1. 055 2500cm2 (50 cm by 50 cm) 0. 883 0. 826 0. 914 0. Apa Style Format For Thesis? 874. 3600cm2 (60cm by harvard analysis, 60 cm) 0. 692 0. 692 0. 711 0. 698 Graphs Secondary Data [7] This graph shows that as you increase the surface area, the terminal velocity of the falling object decreases. Soil And Water Essays? This piece of harvard analysis, data does support my hypothesis because as the essays someone who has your, surface area of the item increases the terminal velocity of it decreases. It also supports my primary data because they both have an inverse correlation between them. Meanwhile this piece seems to curve in harvard, the middle of the data and in my primary data it is one straight line; however this could because they dropped it at a different height or the weight of the object was different.

I believe this data is and water, reliable because it is similar to mine and came from a website where they had all of their process, equipment, everything needed to do the experiment and had a video to show you how they did it therefore I believe it is reliable. [8] I believe these results are reliable because of the harvard, source at which I got them from – the OCR Board. These results support mine because it is essayist and social critic, saying that when the surface area is smaller (THE PARACHUTE FAILS TO OPEN) the terminal velocity of it is harvard essay, higher since there is less air resistance coming in contact with it. These support mine because when the surface area is at its smallest the average velocity of the parachute is 1. 329 m/s, while the largest surface area has a velocity of only 0. 698 m/s. Overall, I believe these results support mine to the highest level and ratings, are reliable because of the source from which they came from. For this piece of secondary data, I believe there is nothing that could be improved to increase my confidence in it. Essay Analysis? [9] These results show that as the surface area of the parachute increased, the your life, time taken for it to reach the harvard essay, ground also increased; which supports my hypothesis and coincides with my primary data.

I believe this data is accurate because the differences are all very small and none of the times movie, ranges overlap meaning that there is a real difference between the results. I believe that this secondary data is harvard analysis, reliable because it came from a class member and I was watching while she did the experiment to make sure none of the results got altered and she did everything to the method she had written down. Evaluation of Method One of the problems I found in and social critic, my experiment was that reaction times added time to the ‘time taken to reach the ground’ as they are dependent on the reaction time of the person using the stopwatch. This is a problem because it would have altered the harvard analysis, results slightly and therefore we would not have the true results. To resolve this problem, next time before we do the experiment we could test to i believe see who has the quickest reaction time and they could be the harvard essay, person to time the this i believe essays, experiment.

This way we could get the result to the most accurate time we can. Another problem I found was that even though we cleared the space we were using, the parachute kept catching on the tables which could not be moved. Even though every time that happened we did not use that result and we repeated that test, it was a big problem. This is essay, because is added unnecessary time on our experiment and seeing as we only had a short while to complete the experiment it was a big problem. Next time, I would change the this i believe essays, location of the experiment to a place where there would be no obstacles. A further problem I found was that the sides of the parachute were not cut straight causing the symmetry of the parachute to be wrong affecting the flight path; this could have also been the reason why the parachute did not fall straight down and caught on the tables; which would alter the timings and the distance that the analysis, parachute travelled. To resolve this, next time I would use a scalpel knife to cut the bin bag even though a chose against it before we did not have big enough mats to and water essays go under the bin bag while we were cutting it so that we do not cut the surface underneath.

I would use a scalpel knife next time because where the blade is sharper it would leave a cleaner, non-jagged line. Harvard? I would also use a ruler to mark out the line and then run the scalpel down the side of the ruler to soil and water essays be certain that the line was straight. Another problem I found is that we did not keep the weight of the parachutes the same. We keep all the materials the same; however since the analysis, parachute was getting smaller each time, it would decrease in weight. This would then have been changing two different variables rather than just the one. To change this, next time I would weigh the parachute first and then each time we decreased the size of the parachute, add some weight to this i believe the ball on the end to make it the same weight as before. The final problem I found with my experiment is that drafts, wind or people walking past may have caused excess movement of the parachutes thus causing the harvard essay analysis, path to be diagonal rather than straight. This would have affected both the time taken and distance travelled. Next time I would make sure all the windows and doors in the room were shut; however not locked in case of a fire; and made sure only the this amazon, necessary people were in the room, this way less movement would be made and the parachute would be able to fall straighter. Analysis? All of these problems altered either the time it took for the parachute to reach the ground, the distance the parachute travelled, or both.

This is all a problem in itself because if the amount of time taken was changed and i believe essays, was not at its true value, then our results are inaccurate. If the parachute travelled a longer distance then the formulas were incorrect making the results incorrect as well. Next time, I would carry out all of the changes above: making sure the sides of the parachute were straight; that there was no excess movement; that we were in an obstacle free location; that the harvard analysis, person timing the parachute had the quickest reaction time; and that the format for thesis, parachute all weighted the same. Also I could use light gates to increase the accuracy in timing measurements. Harvard Essay Analysis? Light gates are simple optical circuits that have an opening between an emitter and receiver. If the path between the two is interrupted, a signal is sent to a computer or other data recorder. Format? Light gates are typically used for timing and detection. This would increase the accuracy as it would plot the data for you and no human error could be caused. Evaluation of Data After looking at all my results I believe there is not one outlier in my results. I believe this because all of the results for one parachute are very similar and none of the results for any of the parachutes overlap.

Degree of Scatter Table (seconds) Surface Area of Parachute Highest Time (s) Lowest Time (s) Difference (s) (highest-lowest) Repeatable (yes/no) 900cm2 (30 cm by 30 cm) 2. 1 1. 8 0. Analysis? 3 Yes 1600cm2 (40 cm by 40 cm) 2. 6 2. 3 0. 3 Yes 2500cm2 (50 cm by and social hl mencken, 50 cm) 3. Essay Analysis? 1 2. 8 0. And Water Essays? 3 Yes 3600cm2 (60cm by 60 cm) 3. 7 3. 6 0. 1 Yes Degree of Scatter Table (velocity) Surface Area of Parachute Highest Velocity (m/s) Lowest Velocity (m/s) Difference (m/s) (highest-lowest) Repeatable (yes/no) 900cm2 (30 cm by 30 cm) 1. 422 1. Essay? 219 0. Stanford Opencourseware C++? 203 Yes 1600cm2 (40 cm by essay, 40 cm) 1. Times Movie? 113 0. 985 0. 128 Yes 2500cm2 (50 cm by 50 cm) 0. Harvard Analysis? 914 0. Essays Impacted Your Life? 826 0. 088 Yes 3600cm2 (60cm by analysis, 60 cm) 0. For Thesis? 711 0. 692 0. 019 Yes I believe my method was very accurate and repeatable because after looking at these ‘degree of scatter’ tables you can see that all of the results have very small differences between them meaning that the results were very close to the true value. Harvard Essay? I believe my method was reliable because out of all twelve results I did not get any outliers. Surface Area Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Average 900cm2 (30 cm by 30 cm) This result is times, 0. 092 away from the average; I believe that because the result is so small, this result is accurate.

This result is 0. 111 away from the average; this difference is the largest out of harvard essay, all the results and their corresponding average, however this result is still very small and apa style format, therefore accurate. This result is 0. Harvard Essay? 017 away from the average; I believe that this result is accurate because the difference is very small and I can therefore put a lot of confidence in it. About Someone Who Has Your Life? All of these results are what I consider to be accurate and reliable. Also the difference between the highest and lowest result is 0. 203. Although this result is very small it is the largest out of the harvard essay analysis, difference between a singular parachute’s results, therefore I am not as confident in these results as I am with the others. C++? 1600cm2 (40 cm by harvard analysis, 40 cm) This result is 0. 058 away from the average; I believe that because the result is so small, this result is accurate. This result is 0. 07 away from the average; I believe that because the result is so small, this result is accurate. This result is 0. Apa Style? 012 away from the average; I believe that this result is accurate because the difference is very small and I can therefore put a lot of confidence in it.

All of these results are what I consider to be accurate and reliable. Also the difference between the highest and lowest result is 0. 128. This result is harvard analysis, not as small as some of the other but I can still say that these results are repeatable and I can put a lot of confidence in them. 2500cm2 (50 cm by 50 cm) This result is only 0. 009 away from the average; because of the result being extremely small I can put all my confidence in stanford opencourseware c++, this result being as accurate as possible. This result is 0. 048 away from the average; I believe that because the result is so small, this result is accurate. This result is 0. 04 away from the average; I believe that because the result is so small, this result is accurate. All of these results are what I consider to be accurate and reliable. Also the difference between the highest and lowest result is essay analysis, 0. 088.

This result is very small so I can put a lot of confidence in them and can say that I believe they are all repeatable. 3600cm2 (60cm by 60 cm) This result is only 0. 006 away from the average; because of the result being extremely small I can put all my confidence in this result being as accurate as possible. This result is only 0. 006 away from the average; because of the result being extremely small I can put all my confidence in this result being as accurate as possible. This result is i believe amazon, 0. 0.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -

5 surprising secrets of harvard, a killer McKinsey resume. Haven#8217;t you always wondered what a McKinsey resume looks like? Today, we have for you a post on stanford, the 5 things you should know about harvard essay analysis, submitting your resume to McKinsey. After the rave reviews we received from our McKinsey firm profile, we decided to format for thesis, give you even more insight on harvard, the world#8217;s top consulting firm this time letting you in on the secrets of what it takes to make it past the opencourseware, resume screen at McKinsey. Now, there are the standard set of rules for your consulting resume that apply for any firm a results-oriented resume, formatting consistency, using proactive language, quantifying competitive accomplishments, providing context for harvard analysis, key activities, etc. and this i believe essays amazon, you can get more on essay analysis, those in our Resume Cover Letter Bible. These 5 tips below, however, are focused specifically on McKinsey . Essays About Someone Your? So for all of you McKinseyite wannabes, this one#8217;s for harvard, you! June is format resume month at essay analysis MC, and as such, we focus all of and social critic, our posts on harvard essay analysis, that same topic consulting resumes. This year we also honored resume month with our 2nd annual free resume review giveaway which filled up in less than 9 minutes! 50 lucky MC subscribers received a free resume review , and essayist and social critic wrote, the 300+ more who didn#8217;t make the 50-person cut-off received a private discount code to use for resume editing services. Harvard? We#8217;ll be sending out another special this month, so check back often, follow us on Facebook, or subscribe to our mailing list to stay tuned.

Here are the 5 things you should know about format for thesis, submitting your resume to McKinsey. 1. A Harvard business degree isn#8217;t enough. McKinsey hires the best of Harvard#8217;s best, so just being from Harvard isn#8217;t good enough. We#8217;re talking about the most prestigious consulting firm in the world here so a regular ol#8217; degree from Stanford or INSEAD isn#8217;t sufficient to harvard essay, get you to the interview round. The competition at McKinsey is times more than stiff it#8217;s almost impossible. Essay Analysis? Without prestigious leadership experience on your resume e.g., if your highest achievement is essays someone who has your life Student Body Treasurer or you made the Dean#8217;s list 50% of the time don#8217;t even bother applying. Your family may be gushing with pride over your accomplishments, but you won#8217;t make it past the firm#8217;s resume screen.

Significant achievements that will get you considered are things like President of your Consulting Club, Founder of a company, a summer internship at a brand-name firm, inventor of harvard analysis, a new surgical technology, or a Ph.D. in some cutting edge and radical new research. A knock-out McKinsey candidate is an influencer the next Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, or Arianna Huffington with a variety of interests that make you uniquely and times, powerfully you. You#8217;re Type A, polished, and a winner when you run, you#8217;re elected; when you compete, you win. Does this sound like the type of experience you have? If so, you#8217;ve got a good chance. Analysis? If not, either start obtaining it or consider back-up options. Essayist And Social Critic Hl Mencken Wrote? 2. Essay Analysis? Don#8217;t use the McKinsey buzzwords, DEMONSTRATE them. McKinsey buzzwords include structure , credibility , and credentials.

Don#8217;t use these terms on your resume a McKinsey recruiter will see right through that. Anyone can say they#8217;re great at using structure to for thesis, solve problems. You#8217;re much better off giving an example that presents the problem, briefly explains how you approached it, and what the results were. Your resume should give clear, concise examples that demonstrate each of these McKinsey qualities. Structure Weave a story that presents a problem you faced, the structured approach you took to essay analysis, solving it including breaking the problem into its component parts, and amazon, the positive results you achieved. Harvard Essay? On the job, you will rely on best practice work (i.e., the same report, but for a different company or industry) to get the c++, job done so if you can show you#8217;ve done this before, you#8217;re golden. Essay? Credibility An internship with McKinsey is going to be the best credibility you can offer , however, internships or work experience at apa style format for thesis Fortune 500 firms will work in harvard, your favor too.

Other non-profit experiences can additionally give you an essays who has impacted, up, like a term with Teach for America, as long as that#8217;s not all you#8217;ve done (otherwise, the sudden interest in business might be suspect). Basically, anything you can include on your resume that shows you went through a rigorous selection process and came out on top is going to win you points with a McKinsey recruiter. Essay Analysis? Credentials A McKinsey candidate will have graduated from a top international school with Honors, received a Rhodes or Fulbright Scholarship, won an Olympic gold medal, or wrote speeches for the President. Your credentials must be seriously impressive to be considered McKinsey-worthy, so include the most prestigious scholarships, merit awards, and industry accolades that you can on someone impacted, your resume. 3. McKinsey staffs globally, so show them you#8217;re ready to go global.

Under McKinsey#8217;s global staffing model, you’ll work on project engagements with 5-6 member teams pulled from locations around the world. Even if a client doesn#8217;t demand your presence on-site, you#8217;ll need to fly to connect with your team. That means you#8217;ll be traveling 100% of the time. What does this mean for your resume? Well, an internship with Deutsche Bank in Germany paired with an analysis, economics study abroad program in Argentina is going to convey your ability to get along with multi-national teams, handle living/working in another country, and demonstrate maturity traveling/living on your own. This isn#8217;t necessarily a make or break for your application, but it will definitely have a positive influence on apa style for thesis, the review team. I started my first consulting firm while I was living in South Africa, and it was focused on Corporate Social Responsibility. I worked with international governments, local South African bureaucrats, and multinational company#8217;s business leaders to analysis, implement and measure the opencourseware, impact of business-focused programs. Yes, I had top grades from a great school and harvard essay, had won awards while there#8230;but it was my international experience on top of apa style for thesis, all that that put me on McKinsey#8217;s radar as an essay analysis, experienced hire. A resume that includes language skills and and social wrote, international experience e.g., study/work abroad, international competitions, globetrotting, etc. will get you that much closer to a McKinsey interview slot as long as there is a consistent theme of essay, excellence.

4. A well-structured, black-and-white 1-page resume is what McKinsey recruiters are looking for. Wrote? Don#8217;t get creative on your resume. Stick with a very basic, black-and-white presentation that tells your story with context and impact. Rely on essay, your pedigree, internships, and relevant work experience to provide the impact you want not on too-frequently bolded fonts, excessive titles in italics , or confusing formatting choices. You#8217;re going to someone, be representing a highly-established firm with Fortune 500 C-level executives, the majority of analysis, whom are older and probably more conservative than you. Everything from your attire to your resume must reflect that you know and about who has impacted, appreciate what that means. Harvard Analysis? McKinsey wants you to be highly intelligent, yet predictable.

Creativity on your resume is appreciated, but only in terms of what you#8217;re presenting your experience, etc. not in how you present it. American Essayist Hl Mencken? One key exception McKinsey does accept longer resumes/CVs outside the U.S. The absolute maximum, however, is 2 pages, and harvard analysis, you should have at least 5 years of professional work experience if you#8217;re going to this essays amazon, justify having a longer presentation of your education and harvard essay, experience. Most that we see in the 3-5 page range are stocked with 50% nonsense and fluff, so we bring out the axe and pare it down to essentials. McKinsey has a subject matter expert track and a generalist track , and versus its Bain and opencourseware, BCG counterparts moves consultants into specific practices early on, such as logistics or HR. Because McKinsey hires candidates into specific areas of expertise, the firm is more open to considering applications from candidates who#8217;ve chosen not to go the typical MBA route. In fact, more than 50% of McKinsey consultants don#8217;t have a graduate degree in essay analysis, business. If your education and/or work experience is #8220;outside the this i believe amazon, norm,#8221; don#8217;t be afraid to highlight that on essay, your resume. Here#8217;s another tip if you do have a specialization outside of business, research McKinsey#8217;s Insight weekend a swanky, 2 day informational conference for hot target prospective consultants, held at a Ritz Carlton near you. Having been accepted to one of these events is almost as strong as having a McKinsey internship on your resume . It shows you#8217;ve already been vetted, moving you one step closer to stanford c++, the inner circle.

Pretty sure that you don#8217;t have McKinsey credentials yet? Let#8217;s talk about your next steps here. Should you blindly apply and analysis, hope for the best, or send them some tragic sob story explaining why your grades are so terrible? Should you give up completely? If you#8217;re really serious about consulting, get strategic about your application to McKinsey and take a long-term view.

Don#8217;t have brand-name experience on apa style format, your resume? Get some. Harvard Analysis? Don#8217;t have a top degree? Go back to school. Didn#8217;t win an award?

Try harder, build a magical company, or get creative in critic hl mencken wrote, your free time. Remember, McKinsey consultants aren#8217;t born they are made. So get started on the tasks that will make you an incredible asset to an already incredible firm! We hope you enjoyed these insights into your consulting resume for McKinsey. Harvard? Stay tuned for our next post on how MBB recruiters read consulting resumes. Best of luck!

The arrogance displayed in this article is stanford c++ a big reason why people go to work for BCG or Bain instead. Clients hate it too. Seriously, tone it down. You may have a few gold medalists, but most are not. I was a top-tier consultant for analysis, 10 years, and movie, this post reminds me why I#8217;m glad I left. Harvard? Thinking you are the for thesis, best and actually being it are two different things. I get the feeling, McK specializes on essay analysis, the thinking part. About Your? #8220;A knock-out McKinsey candidate is an influencer – the next Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg#8221; WHY WOULD MARK ZUCKERBERG WORK FOR MCKINSEY WHEN HE CAN BUY IT? This translates to, why would the next Zuckerburg work for McKinsey when they can open up their own business and make far more money and become far more credible. Having worked for a big Top 10 firm in the past, the biggest problem I noticed was the sheer arrogance and sense of entitlement that seemed to permeate virtually everything the organization did and stood for. It didn#8217;t give a rat#8217;s a$$ about its clients. The only thing that seemed to matter was making equity associate or partner and pushing billables past Pluto#8217;s orbit.

Yes, we can see why this article is slanted. While the analysis, intent of the article seems to help candidates looking at McKinsey. I doubt it will do that. The article portrays the firms consultants so high that it is difficult for most aspirants to reach there, infact it may turn them away from a consulting job. The article creates a sense of ratings, dispair #8220;I am not as good as this#8221; feeling.

Being a current consultant and one with a Harvard degree, I do not want to work in a culture like this. But, any aspirant should look at McKinsey#8217;s website and study their resources and employee interviews, which are organized by role and geography. The tone of the website is more #8216;humble#8217; than this article. This article is laugh out harvard essay analysis loud nonsense! I do not see any one taking credit for this essays amazon, this #8220;gem#8221; wonder why the harvard essay analysis, author will not share their #8220;credentials#8221; and #8220;credibility#8221;?! I agree with the this, comments below: tone and content of this article is silly posturing and essay, offensive drivel. Author sounds like he/she is a Gordon Gekko groupie with no practical experience. Big 4/McKinsey/BCG/Bain clients pay a great deal of money for soil and water, consulting services from the #8220;best of the best#8221;. Clients put their faith in us and value our experience because we deliver results period. Posturing, arrogance and salivating over a conference at the Ritz Carlton are career limiting values, indicative of an amateur who will never be successful as a consultant. I have won many clients and engagements after a client has fired a consultant/firm.

Their biggest complaint? The consultant was #8220;all talk, full of themselves and essay, never delivered#8221;. This is disgraceful given the amount of money and trust clients put into their consulting partners. The key to apa style format, a long, successful career in consulting is simple: treat your clients with respect, deliver on your promises. As always, consultants glorifying McKinsey. I know many undergrads who partied their way through college with a liberal arts major, and are still working at McKinsey. Consulting is for harvard, people who (a) have no idea what they want to do with their lives or (b) are smart but unskilled laborers.

Can#8217;t wait for this i believe essays amazon, the Elon#8217;s and Mark#8217;s of the world to aggregate the quants and build the harvard essay analysis, data science teams that put McKinsey out of business. When you#8217;ve been spied on by people who did have this resume, you do tend to and water essays, suspect that you#8217;ve got things they#8217;ve not got. Analysis? It tells you that McKinsey doesn#8217;t have the best inside the firm, so it has to steal it from outside the firm. You don#8217;t reach that level by following a production line approach, you do so by going where no-one has gone before. And anyone who knows anything about that, knows that sometimes you#8217;ll succeed, and sometimes, you#8217;ll fail. Because Mckinsey is intolerant of any failure, it should have no credibility in the fields of entrepreneurship, risk capital, top-down reinvention of a firm or anything which actually involves risk taking. American Hl Mencken? It should have no credibility in revolutionising anything. Steve Jobs would spit on what is written here by McKinsey.

He won big but he also failed. He was worth more than the entire Senior Partners of Mckinsey. Essay Analysis? By a long way. What McKinsey wants are what Hollywood calls: #8216;Close, but no cigar#8217; types of people. Dull worthies who never made a mistake because they never took a risk of any significant magnitude. That#8217;s fine but it#8217;s about time that this myth was blown out soil of the water.

Rhodes/Fulbright Scholars are spies recruited to harvard essay, spy. Essays Someone Who Has Impacted Life? They are not revolutionaries. Analysis? The most important and true thing in that article is that Mckinsey people are OCD. If they haven#8217;t realised that working for american hl mencken wrote, an OCD is the essay analysis, most destructive concept for movie, any self-motivated, graduate-level revolutionary thinker, they failed Consulting 101. Harvard Essay? OCDs should be running surgical theatres, they should be managing mission-critical aspects of space programs, they should be writing computer code. They should coaching sports folks where attention to about someone impacted, details and marginal gains are imperative. They should not be managing creative people, revolutionary people, emancipated people. They destroy people like that through jealousy, enmity, thuggery, power games and destructive vindictiveness. OCDs are OCDs because they are too scared to face their own inner demons. That#8217;s why they are OCDs.

The day they overcome their inner demons is the day that their OCD propensities will disappear. Now I hope this helps people understand the essay analysis, truth about Mckinsey because you#8217;ll never get it out of them in 100 years. Oh, and remember when you go to interview: they#8217;ll have bugged the room so don#8217;t get up to anything naughty. You#8217;re supposed to be a married-for-life monogamous boring stuffed shirt. Unless they are sucking up to President Bill Clinton of course, who can do whatever the heck he wants#8230;#8230;and frequently did.

If you fought in Bosnia and can see through the interview dynamics, go work somewhere else. Admiring 23 year olds from Oxbridge fit in much better. haha. wow you guys are getting totally destroyed in the comments below#8230; not a bad article fwiw but I do agree there#8217;s an soil and water essays, arrogance about analysis, consulting + the world in general that#8217;s perpetuated by the author#8217;s way of thinking.

Expert Essay Writers -

essay tempest Copyright Ian Johnston, Malaspina University-College, 1996. [The following is the text of a short lecture delivered, in part, in Liberal Studies 302 on harvard analysis February 28, 1996] Today I wish to times movie, provide something of a short introduction to harvard analysis, Shakespeare's Tempest, first, by acknowledging some of the interpretative richness of this play and, second, by proffering an approach which I find particular interesting and ratings appealing. Then, we will have two other initial takes on the play, so that by the end of analysis these short lectures you should have a better idea of someone who has your life some of the ways in which one might begin to shape an interpretation.

Let me begin by acknowledging an interesting point about this play: interpretations of the Tempest tend to be shaped quite strongly by the particular background which the interpreter brings to it. Analysis! This point sounds like a truism (and it is), but I simply want to point to the fact that this play, more so than many others, tends to bring out in interpreters what their particular interests are in a way that other plays often do not. At least that has been my experience. In part, this happens because this play puts a good deal of pressure on essayist and social wrote us to treat it allegorically, that is, to find a conceptual framework which will coordinate our understanding of what goes on harvard in the play. I think we feel this mainly because there is little complex characterization in the Tempest (except perhaps for american essayist hl mencken, the figure of Prospero himself) and harvard analysis there are many elements which we cannot simply account for by taking the action naturalistically. So we want to know what they stand for: What exactly is Prospero's magic? What does Caliban represent? Is the island a representation of the new world or a world of the soil and water essays imagination or something else? And so on.

The answers to these questions, in my experience, tend to analysis, depend upon the major interests of the person seeking to understand the play. So, for example, those, like me, with a strong interest in reading Shakespeare and stanford opencourseware a lively interest in theatrical productions of Shakespeare, tend to emphasize the extent to harvard essay analysis, which the essays main focus in the Tempest is on essay analysis the nature of art and illusion, especially theatrical art. This tendency is powerfully reinforced by the fact that this play is almost certainly Shakespeare's last full work, that the Tempest is, in effect, his farewell to the stage. No doubt there is a certain sentimentality in this view (certainly in my case there is). People with a strong interest in politics, however, often take a different slant, and see the play as having less to do with an exploration of theatre than with a probing artistic analysis of important political issues, especially those relevant to the oppression of the inhabitants of the new world or to the relationship between the soil and water essays intellectual and the political world. So, for example, the harvard play has been presented as a statement about colonial attitudes in the third world or as an exploration about the and water role of the intellectual in essay analysis, post-glasnost Poland. Apa Style For Thesis! Other interpreters dismiss those suggestions and see in the play a vital exploration of education (the nature versus nurture dispute) or theories of politics or knowledge or whatever. What we want to do today is give you a sample of three different short takes on harvard analysis the play.

None of these will be elaborated at length, but the talks may provide some useful topics for the seminar groups to pursue. This lecture is thus the lead off in a trio of initial possibilities. The Tempest as an Exploration of the Nature of and social critic hl mencken Art. I want to begin with a very obvious point. The Tempest is a very theatrical play, that is, it is obviously a wonderful vehicle for displaying the full resources of the theatre: action, special effects, music, dancing, storms, and so on. Anyone who wants a Shakespearean play to produce mainly as an extravagant theatrical tour de force (say, a rock and roll extravaganza or an opera) would turn naturally to this play, which is harvard, rivaled only by Midsummer Night's Dream in opencourseware c++, this respect. And a number of modern productions have stressed mainly that element, without bothering about anything else (McTheatre approach to the play).

That is clearly a legitimate approach; after all, a well delivered theatrical extravaganza can make a satisfying night of theatre. And it is clear that The Tempest does depend for much of its effectiveness on essay analysis a wide range of special effects- -sound, lighting, fantastic visions, a whole realm of magic. But I think there's more to the theatricality of the play than just its style. In my view, a central issue of the Tempest is an exploration into the nature of theatre itself. To give you a sense of and water what I mean, let me mention two questions that puzzled me about this play when I first read it.

The first is this: If Prospero's power is so effective against his opponents as it appears to be, then why didn't he use it back in Milan to essay analysis, avoid having to about someone your, be exiled in harvard essay, the first place? And the second one, which arises naturally from that first one, is this: Given that Prospero is so keen on his magic and takes such delight in times movie, it and that it gives him so much power, why does he abandon it before returning to Milan? I puzzled over analysis these questions until I came to what seems to me the most satisfying answer. It is a very obvious one: the magic does not work in Milan; it is american and social critic, effective only on the island, away from the Machiavellian world of the court, where plotting against each other, even against one's own family, for the sake of political power is the order of the day and where, if you take your mind off the political realities for analysis, very long, you may find yourself in about who has impacted your life, a boat with a load of books heading to an unknown exile. Prospero's magic can only become effective in essay, a special place, a world of spirits, of illusion, song, and enchantment, on a magic island--in other words, in the theatre. After all, look what happens in this play. A bunch of political types from the busy court of Naples and Milan are lured away from stanford opencourseware their power political business into a world of illusion, where they are led around by strange powers (above all, music and analysis apparitions) they do not fully comprehend but whom they cannot resist until they all come together inside Prospero's magic circle. Prospero controls the someone entire experiment through his ability to create and sustain illusions. He is throughout the master of the action, and there is never any suspense (well, almost none), since he has such absolute control of human beings through his control of what they see and hear and harvard experience.

If we accept this possibility as an interpretative metaphor, then we need to explore how that might make sense of other elements in essays about impacted your, the play. Remember that in such questions the Principle of Inclusiveness is an important guiding rule: the interpretation should make sense of as much of the play as possible, and in any conflict between rival interpretative possibilities one important criterion for judgment is the adequacy of each interpretation at providing a coherent and analysis consistent sense of as much of the impacted play as possible. In order to pursue this idea of the Tempest as an exploration of the nature of theatrical art, I want to turn for harvard essay, a while to what happens in the play. C. Soil Essays! Prospero's Experiment. The Tempest, it is clear, features an experiment by analysis, Prospero. He has not brought the Europeans to c++, the vicinity of the island, but when they do come close to it, he has, through the power of illusion, lured them into harvard his very special realm. The experiment first of all breaks up their social solidarity, for they land in different groups: Ferdinand by himself, the court group, and someone impacted your Stephano and Trinculo by themselves. The magic leads them by separate paths until they all meet in the circle drawn by Prospero in front of his cave. There he removes the spell of the illusions; the human family recognizes each other, and together they resolve to return to Italy, leaving behind the powers of the magic associated with the island.

What is the purpose of Prospero's experiment? He never gives us a clear statement, but it seems clear that one important element in that purpose is Miranda. He wants to harvard, arrange things on her behalf, and of all the people in and water essays, the play, her situation is the essay analysis most transformed: she is american and social critic hl mencken wrote, going back to essay analysis, Europe a royal bride, filled with a sense of enthusiasm and times ratings joy at harvard analysis the prospect of living among so many fine people in a society that, quite literally, thrills her imagination.. I'm going to come back later to consider the question whether Prospero's experiment is a success or not. But however we judge it, it seems clear that one great success is the marriage of Ferdinand and Miranda. The experiment brings them together, awakens their sense of soil and water essays wonder at the world and at essay each other, and is sending them back to Milan full of the finest hopes for the world. These two young people carry with them the major weight of the optimistic comic hopes of the play's resolution. Another success in and social wrote, Prospero's experiment is the analysis change of apa style for thesis heart which takes place in Alonso. Prospero's actions bring Alonso face to face with his past evil conduct and prompt him to repent and reconcile himself with Prospero, even to the point of surrendering the political power he took away so long ago. Moreover, we might want to argue that there's is the beginning of a similar change in Caliban, who at least comes to harvard analysis, realize something of movie his own foolishness in resisting Prospero in favour of analysis two drunken European low lifes. The most complex change in the play takes place within Prospero himself.

In considering his motives for format, undertaking the experiment, we cannot escape the sense that Prospero harbors a great deal of resentment about his treatment back in Milan and is never very far from harvard analysis wanting to exact a harsh revenge. After all, he has it in his power significantly to injure the parties that treated him so badly. What's very interesting about this is that Prospero learns that that is not the appropriate response. And he learns this central insight from soil and water Ariel, the very spirit of illusion, who is not even human. Essay! Speaking of the fact that all of Prospero's enemies are now in his power and are painfully confused, Ariel says:

Ariel: . . . if you beheld them now, your affections would become tender. Prospero: Does thou think so spirit? Ariel: Mine would, sir, were I human. Prospero: And mine shall. Hast thou, which art but air, a touch, a feeling. Of their afflictions, and shall not myself,

One of their kind, that relish all as sharply. Passion as they, be kindlier mov'd than thou art? Though with their high wrongs I am struck to th' quick, Yet with my nobler reason `gainst my fury. Do I take part. The rarer action is. In virtue than in vengeance. (5.1. Apa Style Format! 18-28) This is a key recognition in the play: virtue expressed in forgiveness is a higher human attribute than vengeance. And in harvard essay analysis, the conclusion of the play, Prospero does not even mention the movie ratings list of crimes against him.

He simply offers to forgive and accept what has happened to harvard analysis, him, in a spirit of reconciliation. Prospero's Magic as the World of the Theatre. It makes sense to and water essays, me to see in this Shakespeare's sense of his own art--both what it can achieve and what it cannot. The theatre--that magical world of poetry, song, illusion, pleasing and essay threatening apparitions--can, like Prospero's magic, educate us into this i believe essays a better sense of ourselves, into a final acceptance of the harvard analysis world, a state in which we forgive and forget in the interests of the greater human community. The theatre, that is, can reconcile us to american and social critic hl mencken wrote, the joys of the human community so that we do not destroy our families in a search for righting past evils in a spirit of personal revenge. It can, in harvard essay analysis, a very real sense, help us fully to understand the central Christian commitment to charity, to soil essays, loving our neighbour as ourselves. In the same way, Prospero's world can awaken the young imagination to the wonder and joy of the human community, can transform our perceptions of human beings into harvard a brave new world, full of beauty, promise, and love, and excite our imaginations with the prospects of living life in the midst of our fellow human beings. In the world of the Tempest, we have moved beyond tragedy. In this world Hamlet and Ophelia are happily united, the american essayist and social wrote old antagonists are reconciled. This is not a sentimental vision, an easily achieved resolution. It takes time--in this case sixteen years--and a measure of faith in the human community that one is prepared to hold onto in the face of analysis urgent personal demands.

This play seems to be saying that theatrical art, the magic of Prospero, can achieve what is american and social hl mencken, not possible in the world of Milan, where everyone must always be on guard, because it's a Machiavellian world ruled by the realities of power and injury. But the play is not without its sobering ironies. And there is a good deal of discussion of harvard just how unequivocal the celebration is at the end. For Prospero is no sentimentalist. He recognizes the silence of Sebastian and Antonio at the end for what it is, an indication that they have not changed, that they are going to return to Naples and Milan the same people as left it, political double dealers and ambitious and potentially murderous power seekers, just as Stephano and Trinculo are going back as stupid as when they left. Prospero's theatrical magic has brought them together, has forced them to see themselves, but it has had no effect on some characters (unless the staging of the end of the opencourseware play conveys in non-verbal ways that the two noble would-be killers are as contrite as Alonso appears to be).

That's why in acknowledging the most famous single line quotation from the play, one needs also to examines the four words which immediately follow: Miranda: O brave new world. That has such people in't! Prospero: `Tis new to thee. Those four words of Prospero are wonderfully pregnant. In them he acknowledges his earned awareness into the nature of human beings, into the complexity of human life. But he is not about to deliver Miranda another sermon, for he knows that the sense of joyful and optimistic wonder which she, as a young woman, is carrying back to Italy is the world's best hope. Harvard Essay! It may be, as he well knows, naive, for Miranda has, as yet, no sense of the soil and water evils that lurk back in the political world of the harvard analysis city.

She sees only the attractive exterior of her human surroundings with no sense yet of the potential deceptions within. This I Believe! But she is as well equipped as he can make her, and it is not up to him to essay, sour her youthful enthusiasm with a more complex and less affirming mature reflection. That is something she is going to discover in her turn. In fact, one might even argue that if Prospero's experiment is designed to make everyone better, then it's a failure in american essayist wrote, large part. And it may be that Prospero recognizes that fact. It is harvard, not unusual to stage this play in such a way that the conventional comic structure of the ending is seriously undercut by the sense of sadness in Prospero, who is returning to Milan to stanford opencourseware, die. I'm not pressing this interpretation. All I want to call attention to at this point is that the ending of this play may not be the unalloyed triumph of the comic spirit that we are tempted to see there. Prospero's sober awareness of what the silence of harvard essay Sebastian and Antonio means qualifies our sense that the essays someone impacted your life eternal problem of human evil has been solved.

One major interpretative decision any director of the play has to harvard, make concerns this ending. Just how evident and serious should those ironies be: non-existent, a light shadow under the communal joy, or a heavy reminder of what is in store back in Italy. Prospero's Farewell to the Stage. That's why, in the last analysis, Prospero has to surrender his magical powers. Life cannot be lived out in the world of illusions, delightful and educative as they can often be. Life must be lived in american critic hl mencken, the real world, in Milan or in Naples, and Miranda cannot thus entirely fulfill herself on the island. The realities of life must be encountered and dealt with as best we can. Harvard! The world of the theatre can remind us of things we may too easily forget; it can liberate and encourage youthful wonder and excitement at stanford opencourseware c++ all the diverse richness of life; it can, at times, even wake people up to more important issues than their own Machiavellian urge to self-aggrandizement, and, most important of all, it can educate us into essay analysis forgiveness. But it can never finally solve the problem of evil, and it can never provide an acceptable environment for american essayist and social, a fully realized adult life. Prospero, as I see it, doesn't start the play fully realizing all this.

He launches his experiment from a mixture of motives, perhaps not entirely sure what he going to essay analysis, do (after all, one gets the essays about someone impacted sense that there's a good deal of improvising going on). But he learns in the play to avoid the twin dangers to his experiment, the two main threats to essay, the value of his theatrical magic. The first I have already alluded to, namely, to use of his powers for purposes of vengeance. Prospero, like Shakespeare, is a master illusionist, and he is tempted to channel his personal frustrations into his art, to exact vengeance against wrongs done in Milan through the power of his art (perhaps, as some have argued, as Shakespeare is doing for apa style for thesis, unknown personal reasons against women in Hamlet). But he learns from Ariel that to do this is to deny the moral value of the art, whose major purpose is to reconcile us to ourselves and our community, not to harvard essay analysis, even the score. The second great threat which we see in this play is that Prospero may get too involved in his own wonderful capabilities, he may become too much the showman, too proud of showing off his skill to attend to the final purpose of essays who has impacted life what he is doing. We see this in the scene in which Prospero puts on a special display of essay his theatrical powers for Ferdinand and Miranda--his desire to show off makes him forget that he has more important issues to attend to, once again putting his art in apa style format, the service of the social experiment. And it's interesting to note that it was his self-absorption in his own magic that got Prospero in trouble in the first place. There's a strong sense in this play, that whatever the powers and wonders of the illusion, one has to maintain a firm sense of what it is analysis, for, what it can and cannot do, and where it is most appropriate. It can never substitute for i believe essays amazon, or conjure away the complexities of life in the community.

This approach helps me to understand, too, the logic behind Prospero's surrender of his magic. He has done all he can do. Having wrought what his art can bring about, having reached the zenith of his skill, he has nothing left to achieve as an artist. He is going home, back to the human community, perhaps to die, perhaps to enjoy a different life, now able to harvard analysis, appreciate more fully what he did not understand so long ago, the proper relationship between the world governed by magic and illusion and the world in which most of us have to live most of the time--the compromised world of politics, alcohol, buying and selling, family strife. Of course, it is critically illegitimate and no doubt very sentimental to link Prospero's giving up of his art with Shakespeare's decision to essayist, give up writing plays and to return to Stratford to enjoy life with his grandchildren. But it's a very tempting connection, especially in the light of the wonderful speech in 4.1, one of the harvard most frequently quoted passages in the play, a speech which has come to be called Shakespeare's Farewell to the Stage. I'd like to conclude by times movie, reading this speech, urging you to harvard essay, remember that Shakespeare's theatre, called the Globe, was destroyed by fire very soon after the Tempest was first performed (a facsimile is now being reconstructed on the banks of the times movie Thames and will open next spring). Prospero: Be cheerful, sir. Our revels now are ended.

These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and. Are melted into essay air, into thin air; And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a wrack behind. We are such stuff. As dreams are made on, and our little life.

Is rounded with a sleep. Dreams may be the stuff of life, they may energize us, delight us, educate us, and reconcile us to each other, but we cannot live life as a dream. We may carry what we learn in the world of illusion with us into life, and perhaps we may be able, through art, to c++, learn about how to deal with the essay evil in the world, including our own. But art is not a substitute for life, and it cannot alter the fundamental conditions of the human community. The magic island is not Milan, and human beings belong in Milan with all its dangers if they are to be fully human.

As I said at the start of this lecture, the above interpretation is just one possibility, and we are going to times ratings, hear more; there are some sections of the play, particularly Prospero's treatment of Caliban, which this approach may not account for essay, so successfully. But I find this approach particularly compelling, in this amazon, large part, I suspect, because it makes such a wonderful conclusion to Shakespeare's total work. It seems an entirely fitting last word from the world's greatest dramatic poet, who leaves the sources of his power on harvard analysis the stage which he made famous, so that the times last thing we see are the analysis instruments of the most powerful theatrical magic and are left with the question: Who will now arise to and social critic wrote, claim them? The Careington Dental Plan with more than 5 million satisfied members - since 1979.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Harvard Business School MBA Essay Questions - Analysis & Tips

Psychology/ Teen Suicide term paper 16115. Suicide of any kind is an essay, act in which a person takes his or her own life. FACT: Suicide is movie ratings a prevalent cause of death among America’s youth today. Harvard Essay Analysis! Every day more than 1000 teenagers will think about suicide and eighteen will be successful in committing it. It is an ever-growing problem that can be described as unnecessary and uncalled for. Knowledge and this i believe essays amazon understanding are key factors to preventing teenage suicide. The problem will usually originate from a period of depression, either as a medical concern, or simply because of harvard, a saddened event in a person’s life. The bottom line is, suicide among teens is not a rare event, and it may be preventable with the essays impacted, proper treatment.

Suicide is the third leading cause of death for 15 to 24 year olds and the sixth leading cause of death for 5 to 14 year olds, barely surpassed by car accidents and homicide (http://www.kidshealth.org). The question is why would someone want to die? Research shows that most teens attempting to commit suicide regret it at harvard the last minute and wish they could live after all. Faced with the certainty of their own death, most said they suddenly realized that their problems weren’t so big that they somehow couldn’t be solved. Their problems weren’t so bad that somehow they couldn’t find a way to survive them.

In the second before they almost died, they knew they wanted to live (Nelson Galas 12). Many events and warning signs lead up to a suicide. Times Ratings! Thoughts and attempts of suicide are commonly instigated by the medical condition, depression. The person often experiences strong feelings of stress, confusion, self-doubt, the pressure to succeed, financial uncertainty and other fears while growing up. According to the experts, more than eighty percent of the time they are extremely depressed, and their minds are therefore focused on the terrible emotional pain in which they find themselves (Colman 75). Harvard! In their depression, they often dwell on essayist critic, what they feel is their unlucky and helpless lot in life, repeatedly leading them to believe that their situation is hopeless. FACT: Few suicides happen without some kind of warning. Most teenagers who have attempted or committed suicide will leave several hints and warning signs along the way.

They will say or do things to let others know they are in trouble and thinking about dying. A more common occurrence is the young person frequently talking about death or that no one would miss them if they were gone. Harvard Analysis! Some even give away personal belongings. Times Movie! Few will keep their intent to die an absolute secret from everyone, and some even tell friends about analysis their plans (Nelson Galas 25). Many people may begin to do more dangerous acts, like reckless driving or minor acts like not wearing a seatbelt in a car, when they are feeling suicidal (http://www.harthosp.org/HealthInfo/scripts/scr0341.htm). After all, an accident will only make dying easier. Deep down teens are scared to die. I Believe Essays! They may come to the point where they do not care if they die, but most fear it the minute they come close to harvard essay analysis, touching it, especially if they are the ones doing it themselves.

Besides the suicides mistakenly labeled as “accidents”, many suicides go unreported. It is opencourseware c++ painful for families to admit that their children have committed suicide (Nelson Galas 24). In some cases, depression can be a medical condition in which the patient should be carefully observed as much as possible. Symptoms of attempting suicide are similar to those of essay analysis, depression. Some of the more rampant symptoms include a change in eating and sleeping habits, a marked personality change and this i believe a lost of interest in pleasurable activities. They physically appear sad and weighted down, and can sleep a great deal, even talking in soft, tired voices (http://www.aap.org/advocacy/childhealthmonth/prevteensuicide.htm).

On the other hand while depression and suicide are similar in many respects, one will not necessarily result in another. It is possible for someone depressed to never think about suicide at all (Galas 42). Depression can set teenagers up for essay analysis suicide attempts because they are often led to believe their troubles and sadness will never end. Movie Ratings! They fall into a cycle that follows a pattern of analysis, depression, isolation, sadness, and more depression. The longer the cycle lasts, the greater the risk that they will try to end their sadness and loneliness by soil essays, ending their own life. Life is notoriously known for handing teens a bountiful of pressures they must face almost every day. The teenage years can really be a period of turmoil for just about anyone. There are many pressures to essay, succeed, and should they fail, the critic wrote, fear the essay, thought of disappointing their parents. Essayist Hl Mencken! Learning to conquer feelings of essay analysis, disappointment and self-doubt is part of growing up. For some teens, however, these feelings become overwhelming and their thoughts turn to i believe amazon, suicide. Unfortunately, due to harvard essay, greater access to drugs, lethal weapons, such as firearms, and motor vehicles it is about someone impacted life easier to be able to be successful in committing suicide.

Part of the reason the youth suicide rate has gone so high in recent years is because it is easier to get the tools; boys often use firearms to harvard essay, kill themselves (which seem to be so commonly found in homes and of easy access these days) and girls generally use pills. Suicide, or attempted suicide, serves different purposes for different people. Essayist And Social Hl Mencken Wrote! One teen may plan that his final act in life will be one of harvard, defiance and revenge. There is the times, case study of one young man who was having suicidal thoughts and seeing a crisis counselor because of it (Smith 49). He would tell his crisis counselor, “They’ll be sorry when I’m gone.” His anger was furious inside, and harvard he had wanted to hurt his parents, as he was hurting from their lack of acceptance of his behavior and respect for his growing sense of opencourseware, independence and freedom. What he neglected to remember was that if he were dead he would not be there to analysis, enjoy the revenge. Suicide is preventable.

Some people think that if teenagers are suicidal there is no way of stopping them in killing themselves. It is also a common belief that those who don’t succeed in killing themselves the first time will keep trying until they do. Suicide is often described as a desperate cry for help. In most cases it is actually a form of communication; a way of telling others that things are not okay inside and that the person feels helpless to do anything about it (Smith 49). Often friends and parents don’t respond to a teen that says, “I’m going to kill myself.” They think that person is just asking for attention and is trying to use them or trick them into doing something he or she wants. While it is true they may be seeking attention, he or she may be quite serious at the same time.

To be a friend in soil and water, this situation, you need to harvard essay analysis, put aside your own feelings about what it means to get attention. Instead, one needs to start paying attention to what a suicidal person is saying and not what their motives might be for talking about it. Teenagers who are suicidal will almost always give out several warning signs that they are. Warning signs include making suicide threats, showing sudden change in american essayist critic hl mencken, behavior, giving away treasured possessions, becoming aggressive, rebellious or disobedient, and taking risks or becoming self-destructive. They may also have recently experienced a significant loss. While they are useful indicators, these signals are not foolproof.

Teens typically go through phases of defiant behavior as a part of harvard essay, their increasing independence and apa style format for thesis separation from parents (http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Sociology/suicide.htm). They may also exhibit moodiness, withdrawal or anger in reaction to such events as not making an athletic team or breaking up with a significant other. The key to harvard analysis, distinguishing between normal adolescent turbulence and the danger signals is the time, degree and amount of someone your life, deviation from usual personality and behavior. It is a fact that people who attempt suicide are in the most danger when they start to feel better. There is often a case of shock and surprise when a person commits suicide just when they seemed to harvard, have been getting better. The truth is most young people are suicidal only once in their lives (Nelson Galas 30). They can get help before it is soil and water essays too late through a concerned and harvard essay analysis caring friend or parent. Showing a suicidal individual that there is in fact someone who cares about him or her minimizes his or her thought on wrote, killing. Parents are a positive influence in helping prevent their teen from committing suicide.

A lack of parental interest can serve to harvard, be a problem. Ratings! Many children grow up in essay analysis, divorced households, while others experience both parents as full time workers, leaving little time for times family time (Smith 47). By paying attention to their child’s warning signs they can avert them from doing something disastrous. They can make sure their child always has someone to confide in, whether it is a parent, grandparent, priest, coach, doctor, etc. Parents should not attempt to minimize what their child is going through, and express a great deal of harvard analysis, love, concern and support. According to a study, ninety percent of suicidal teenagers believed their families did not understand them. About Who Has Impacted Life! They also reported that when young people tried to tell their parents about their feelings of harvard, unhappiness or failure, their mother and father denied or ignored their point of view (http://www.aap.org/advocacy/childhealthmonth/prevteensuicide.htm). There is i believe also always the option of seeking medical help. Harvard! Proper treatments can be given if professional help is sought. There are a variety of outpatient and essays about someone impacted your hospital-based treatment programs available. Harvard Essay! It can also help to essays about who has your, find an outlet for harvard essay a teenager’s feelings by letting them do something they love.

Most importantly, individuals willing to times, help a suicidal teen should build up a support system for them. Adults can help prevent suicide by fostering open, honest communication with teens. If a teen trusts you enough to come to you with a problem, take time to listen to them. Delay may only fuel feelings of doom in harvard essay analysis, the teen (http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Sociology/suicide.htm). It is a common misconception that if a teenager talks about suicide they will become suicidal.

The truth is this i believe essays talking about the subject and using the analysis, term “suicide” may help someone think his or her cries for help are being heard. A teen can be constantly reassured that they are loved, and remind them that no matter how awful his problems may seem they can be worked out and you are willing to apa style format for thesis, help. Ask them to talk about his or her feelings, and analysis listen carefully to them. Do not dismiss her problems or get angry with her. On a final note, the removal of all lethal weapons in one’s home, including guns, pills, kitchen utensils and ropes can be a key to preventing teen suicide. In addition, certain strategies may be helpful when dealing with teens and suicides. For example, never agreeing to keep the discussion of suicide with a teen a secret.

Instead, agree to give help and essays your support in getting professional help. Harvard! Talking about suicide in an open manner is another helpful strategy. Teens need to be given a chance to discuss suicide by ratings, voicing their thoughts and opinions. Candid discussion is important particularly when a teen suicide has occurred in a community. Also, letting young people know about hotline telephone numbers and crisis intervention services that are accessible locally will only reassure them that there is essay indeed help out this essays, there. If one must, risk getting involved. If you suspect suicidal thoughts or behavior in a teen, ask them if she or he is considering suicide.

Don’t avoid the harvard, subject or wait for the teen to come to you. It is most necessary to essays about who has life, be alert to a teen’s feelings. Essay Analysis! The severity of the problem should be judged from the teen’s perception, not by adult standards. If a teen perceives something as a problem, then it is a problem for him or her. In the addition to helpful strategies in dealing with teens and suicide, modeling healthy behavior and positive problem-solving approaches will demonstrate to teens how adults can be models for young people by dealing with their stress in a constructive manner. Use of c++, television shows, films, newspaper articles and other media as a trigger for analysis a discussion of effective ways to deal with stress and depression are also practical.

Lastly, provide opportunities for amazon group support. Teens sharing problems with other teens that help find solutions can be beneficial (http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Sociology/suicide.htm). Teen suicide is clearly one of the more rapidly growing causes of death for young people today. It is not an infrequent occurrence and analysis can definitely be prevented with the help of and water, proper treatment and action. Depression, pressures in life in general, and the greater access to lethal weapons and drugs are some of the major causes and reasons of suicide. They are all preventable however, in more ways than one.

Greta was a firm believer in the age-old saying that sometimes the best way to overcome something is to understand it. Adults need to take the possibility of teen suicide seriously even if their community has not experienced one. Teen depression and thoughts of suicide are more common than many adults assume and there are as many as fifty to one hundred suicide attempts for every young person who actually takes his or her own life. The loving concern of today’s busy parent or the help of essay, a caring friend is important in helping a teen because it lets them know that someone does in fact care about them. Someone Impacted Your! Suicide is avoidable, but actions must be taken quickly. Essay! Maybe then we can assist in putting a stop to the third leading cause of death in young people today. Colman, Warren. Understanding and essayist and social critic hl mencken wrote Preventing Teen Suicide. Analysis! Chicago: Childrens Press Inc. 1990. Smith, Judie.

Coping with Suicide. New York: The Rosen Publishing Group, Inc., 1990. Nelson, Richard E., Ph.D, and soil Galas, Judith C. The Power to Prevent Suicide. A Guide for Teens Helping Teens. Minnesota: Free Spirit Publishing Inc., 1994. “Some Things You Should Know About Preventing Teen Suicide.” American Academy of Pediatrics. 1998. 29 May 2000. “Suicide Prevention.” Health Info. 2000. 29 May 2000.

Kids Health. 1997-2000. Harvard Essay Analysis! 29 May 2000. “Preventing Teen Suicide.” University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service. 1999. 29 May 2000. Word Count: 2303. Our writers are all Uni graduates able to work effectively on this i believe amazon, any level under time constraints. Well-versed in most subjects and citation styles, our writers have years of ghostwriting experience doing both academic and professional projects. Every paper is written from essay analysis, scratch based on your instructions and there is no plagiarism of any kind.

Plus, we guarantee free unlimited revisions. You will enjoy direct contact with the writer throughout the entire process and will receive the about impacted life, paper by e-mail/download. The projects are never resold and will remain your unique property for a lifetime. The service is totally confidential and all client information is essay kept private. We guarantee that the paper will adequately meet your guidelines and be done by the deadline, otherwise we will give you your money back, if we fail (terms of movie, service apply).